Lou

I turned on my notebook with windows xp this sunday, Aug 14, and it notified
me that a new Plug and Play hardware is found, named Stream Dispatcher, and
asked me to install new hardware found. I did not install or attach any plug
and play devices the the last time I use my notebook. I canceled that option
and I opened up Device Manager and there's two things I found. The Stream
Dispatcher I mentioned earlier had a big yellow question mark as well as a
Video Controller with a big question mark. I am at lost here. I need help
figuring out if these two devices, specially that Stream Dispatcher, are
essential to run windows xp. Appreciate any response. I am posting this
question from a different computer than the one I'm writing about.

On Wed, 17 Aug 2005 15:12:14 -0700, Lou wrote:

> I turned on my notebook with windows xp this sunday, Aug 14, and it notified
> me that a new Plug and Play hardware is found, named Stream Dispatcher, and
> asked me to install new hardware found. I did not install or attach any plug
> and play devices the the last time I use my notebook. I canceled that option
> and I opened up Device Manager and there's two things I found. The Stream
> Dispatcher I mentioned earlier had a big yellow question mark as well as a
> Video Controller with a big question mark. I am at lost here. I need help
> figuring out if these two devices, specially that Stream Dispatcher, are
> essential to run windows xp. Appreciate any response. I am posting this
> question from a different computer than the one I'm writing about.

send some stats on the affected PC. Type Video card, Mfr
and type of 'streamer'. The two may be a combo on the video
controller ( at least, that's my guess for now). Sometimes
the PnP components will list as separate when actually they
are on the same device. This will occur if the drivers were
removed or corrupted for a device.
Will need all the different hardware listed Under video,
sound, game, drive controllers etc, to help. It will take
some time, though.
--
Lester Stiefel
In Romans 1 there are qualities of Unregenerate man listed

Lou

Thanks. Will try your suggestion.

"Lester Stiefel" wrote:

> On Wed, 17 Aug 2005 15:12:14 -0700, Lou wrote:
>
> > I turned on my notebook with windows xp this sunday, Aug 14, and it notified
> > me that a new Plug and Play hardware is found, named Stream Dispatcher, and
> > asked me to install new hardware found. I did not install or attach any plug
> > and play devices the the last time I use my notebook. I canceled that option
> > and I opened up Device Manager and there's two things I found. The Stream
> > Dispatcher I mentioned earlier had a big yellow question mark as well as a
> > Video Controller with a big question mark. I am at lost here. I need help
> > figuring out if these two devices, specially that Stream Dispatcher, are
> > essential to run windows xp. Appreciate any response. I am posting this
> > question from a different computer than the one I'm writing about.
>
> send some stats on the affected PC. Type Video card, Mfr
> and type of 'streamer'. The two may be a combo on the video
> controller ( at least, that's my guess for now). Sometimes
> the PnP components will list as separate when actually they
> are on the same device. This will occur if the drivers were
> removed or corrupted for a device.
> Will need all the different hardware listed Under video,
> sound, game, drive controllers etc, to help. It will take
> some time, though.
> --
> Lester Stiefel
> In Romans 1 there are qualities of Unregenerate man listed
> which describe him in the last days.
> Is your quality found on this list??

Malke

Lou wrote:

> Thanks. Will try your suggestion.
>
> "Lester Stiefel" wrote:
>
>> On Wed, 17 Aug 2005 15:12:14 -0700, Lou wrote:
>>
>> > I turned on my notebook with windows xp this sunday, Aug 14, and it
>> > notified me that a new Plug and Play hardware is found, named
>> > Stream Dispatcher, and
>> > asked me to install new hardware found. I did not install or
>> > attach any plug
>> > and play devices the the last time I use my notebook. I canceled
>> > that option
>> > and I opened up Device Manager and there's two things I found. The
>> > Stream Dispatcher I mentioned earlier had a big yellow question
>> > Video Controller with a big question mark. I am at lost here. I
>> > need help figuring out if these two devices, specially that Stream
>> > Dispatcher, are
>> > essential to run windows xp. Appreciate any response. I am posting
>> > this question from a different computer than the one I'm writing
>> > about.
>>
>> send some stats on the affected PC.
>> --
>> Lester Stiefel

None of what Mr. Stiefel has asked you to provide will be helpful in
troubleshooting your problem. The Stream Dispatcher device is
associated with your Conexant modem. Things to try:

A. Reinstall the drivers for your motherboard, modem, and video. Get
them from the laptop mftr.'s website for your specific model computer.
Follow any installation instructions on the website where you get the
drivers.

B. If updating the drivers does not help, since you are getting
controller errors as well as modem errors there is a good possibility
that the motherboard is failing. Since this is a laptop, contact the
laptop mftr.'s tech support for replacement.

Malke
--
Elephant Boy Computers
www.elephantboycomputers.com