Dell Inspiron 640m Won't boot up

Solution
That's awesome that you got it figured out. You now know (unofficially) how to fix ~40% of people's non-working laptops. Seriously, dust and the resultant heat build up can really degrade a laptop's performance rapidly. I can't begin to count the computers (desktops included) that I've "fixed" for people simply by cleaning them thoroughly. The unfortunate thing is that using compressed air does nothing for clearing dust bunnies once they've formed in a laptop so disassembly is the only way to do the job and most people are intimidated by the innards of their desktops let alone laptops. It's good that you aren't.
Enjoy
That's awesome that you got it figured out. You now know (unofficially) how to fix ~40% of people's non-working laptops. Seriously, dust and the resultant heat build up can really degrade a laptop's performance rapidly. I can't begin to count the computers (desktops included) that I've "fixed" for people simply by cleaning them thoroughly. The unfortunate thing is that using compressed air does nothing for clearing dust bunnies once they've formed in a laptop so disassembly is the only way to do the job and most people are intimidated by the innards of their desktops let alone laptops. It's good that you aren't.
Enjoy

Solution