Friends -- I have windows XP Home edition running on a Dell computer. When I
try to bring up Windows Task Manager by typing <CNTRL> <ALT> <DEL> I get a
message that says that the user account does not have administrative
priveleges. However, the account is listed as an administrator. How do I
get <CNTRL> <ALT> <DEL> to bring up Windows Task Manager. Since this
computer is running very slow, I'm of the opinion that I have spyware or a
virus that is preventing me from getting to the administrative prompt and
deleting it. I have an antivirus program running with no virus' found, and
spykiller 2005 with nothing other than cookies found. Can anyone help?

Enable or Disable Task Manager for the Current User
http://www.dougknox.com/xp/utils/xp_taskmgrenab.htm

[Courtesy of MS-MVP Doug Knox]

--
Carey Frisch