IE 6- Internet Options-Advanced Tab

Do i need everything checked or unchecked
in IE 6-Internet Options -Advanced Tab ?
I'm running xpsp2 , Toshiba Satellite 1905-S301
notebook ,2.0 gz. ,512 ram.

Thanks
4 answers Last reply
More about internet options advanced

    almost everything UN-checked

    I use only these checked:

    send urls as utf-8 *
    close unused folders *
    disable script debugging (2) *
    use http 1.1
    show pictures *
    smart image dithering *
    do not search from address bar *
    use ssl 2.0
    use ssl 3.0
    warn about invalid certificates *
    warn if forms redirect *

    and those marked with * are not required.... HMMM... looks like IE
    should work pretty well with everything UN-checked except for possibly
    ssl 2.0

    Leave the advanced tab alone unless there's a specific need for something in
    there. When in doubt, click the Restore defaults button at the bottom right
    of the tabbed window.

    The categories available are:
    Accessibility
    Browsing
    HTTP 1.1
    Java(Sun)
    MicrosoftVM
    Multimedia
    Printing
    Search from address bar
    Security

    Of these categories, printing is the only one that you can mess with without
    risking a problem or two (be it operating your browser or breaking it). The
    tab is called Advanced because, if you don't know what you're doing, you
    could break your system.

    Any questions about any of the items, just ask here.

    "Bubbytheman" wrote:

    > Do i need everything checked or unchecked
    > in IE 6-Internet Options -Advanced Tab ?
    > I'm running xpsp2 , Toshiba Satellite 1905-S301
    > notebook ,2.0 gz. ,512 ram.
    >
    > Thanks

    Thanks for the info!

    usasma wrote:
    > Leave the advanced tab alone unless there's a specific need for something in
    > there.

    I think that since some Browser Hijackers take advantage of settings
    like:

    Enable install on demand
    Enable third-party extensions

    And that some seem like security holes:

    Allow active content to run in file on My Computer
    Allow software to run if signature invalid

    And that some are (to me) just annoying:

    Enable visual styles
    Enable image resizing
    Enable profile assistant

    I would say that there are specific needs. But, that's just me.

Internet Explorer Microsoft Internet Windows XP