Trade AfM with LoTR or ELVIS ... good idea?!

I have a very nice Attack from Mars in very good condition
but thinking on trading with a LOTR or ELVIS .... would this be a good
idea or is the AfM still the better pin ?
I read a lot of bad quality on Stern pinballs. I played a T3 longer ago
and it sounds very "cheap" in conjunction to Bally/Williams pinball
machines.

Do you thing I have to pay money or should a trade be 1:1 ?!

Bernd

Afm in ANY working condition is better than any perfect stern imo. Keep
the afm.

I just sold an AFM and i own some ballys, Sterns and a Sega. They are
all good, in their own unique way. Alot of people bash Stern and they
say you need a bally/williams, I think that if you have the money and
if you want to buy a newer stern then go for it. My AFM played great,
my Shadow plays great, my BSD and RFM are fast and fun, but Monopoly is
fun too, my Viper is fun and kinda of cool with those black lights. I
think that if you traded, you would probably have to come off a few
dollars for those two games, unless your AFM is flawless, then i would
say its an even trade.

brivy

Cayle George wrote:
> Afm in ANY working condition is better than any perfect stern imo. Keep
> the afm.

Well it is your opinion, but deep down do you really believe that? That
sounds like brand or title loyalty.

A cosmetically trashed, working AFM is a far cry from a nib LOTR, Elvis
or TSPP.

Jeff

Well, that's more of a personal 'taste' matter. I've not
played LOTR, but I have played E.

I'd trade in a heartbeat for either. Pay whatever
you have to.

AFM is a roach....

--
Fred
TX

"Bernd Wertheim" <bernd@wertheim.biz> wrote

Bernd Wertheim wrote:
> I have a very nice Attack from Mars in very good condition
> but thinking on trading with a LOTR or ELVIS .... would this be a good
> idea or is the AfM still the better pin ?
> I read a lot of bad quality on Stern pinballs. I played a T3 longer ago
> and it sounds very "cheap" in conjunction to Bally/Williams pinball
> machines.
>
> Do you thing I have to pay money or should a trade be 1:1 ?!
>

> Bernd

Keep the AFM. It's a Williams man.... That's all you need to know.

John

I enjoy my LOTR almost everyday. At least as frequently as I enjoy the
Williams pins I have around it.

Looking to get a TSPP still.

Disregard the Stern bashing, play what you want, buy what you want, the
heck with everyone else.

Andrew

Proud owner of Popeye :)

grus...@yahoo.com wrote:
> Bernd Wertheim wrote:
> > I have a very nice Attack from Mars in very good condition
> > but thinking on trading with a LOTR or ELVIS .... would this be a good
> > idea or is the AfM still the better pin ?
> > I read a lot of bad quality on Stern pinballs. I played a T3 longer ago
> > and it sounds very "cheap" in conjunction to Bally/Williams pinball
> > machines.
> >
> > Do you thing I have to pay money or should a trade be 1:1 ?!
> >

> > Bernd
>
> Keep the AFM. It's a Williams man.... That's all you need to know.
>
> John

On Tue, 05 Jul 2005 00:26:55 +0200, Bernd Wertheim
<bernd@wertheim.biz> wrote:

>I have a very nice Attack from Mars in very good condition
>but thinking on trading with a LOTR or ELVIS .... would this be a good
>idea or is the AfM still the better pin ?
>I read a lot of bad quality on Stern pinballs. I played a T3 longer ago
>and it sounds very "cheap" in conjunction to Bally/Williams pinball
>machines.
>
>Do you thing I have to pay money or should a trade be 1:1 ?!
>

>Bernd

hate to split hairs, but it is all about condition.

ultra cherry afm > huo lotr or E
9.0 afm = huo lotr or E
sub 9.0 afm < huo lotr or E

Pinlicious ( ...there is no spoon.)

Depends a lot on what you really like in a game. AFM has the humor, the
speed, and the Williams/Bally feel, LOTR is by most accounts, the
deepest game out there, so if you are bored easily it may be the one.
Elvis is very much a matter of if you like the theme and the gameplay,
but doesn't match up against AFM IMO.

On 5 Jul 2005 01:37:56 -0700, "llabrevlis" <llabrevlis@shaw.ca> wrote:

>Depends a lot on what you really like in a game. AFM has the humor, the
>speed, and the Williams/Bally feel, LOTR is by most accounts, the
>deepest game out there, so if you are bored easily it may be the one.
>Elvis is very much a matter of if you like the theme and the gameplay,
>but doesn't match up against AFM IMO.

just for the record, their is no debate about it, tspp is THE deepest
game out. lotr is 2nd. :)

Pinlicious ( ...there is no spoon.)

Hi Bernd . . .

If you really like AFM, you may want to consider saving up rather than
trading so you end up with both. People often regret selling a title
and then pay more to get it back in the same condition. Stern's do
have a substantially different feel than the Wms/Bly games, but that
does not mean they're not worth owning. I have an Elvis and hands down
love it. Also have an AFM in route to me as well, so I had to respond
to this thread : )

Good Luck!

Of course I believe that - Every modern stern i've played, even minty
fresh ones, felt like a broken down pirate ship. They just feel cheap
to me. It's like the difference between a high and low end piece of
stereo equipment: The Williams, its solid, strong and just feels right
- The Stern, well, it feels like a dollars worth of plastic with clever
stying to try and trick you into thinking its good, but it just feels
wrong.

Lotr does nothing for me, Elvis is worse, and Tspp is ok, but it still
has the weird stern feel to it so at best its the "ill play it if
theres nothing else." I think tspp with the same rules design etc..
would have been 2x as good if it was made with williams parts.