Not THAT Rocket J. Squirrel

It has very recently come to my attention that someone posting under the
name Rocket J. Squirrel was kicked off the Google Groups in December of 2002
"due to excessive complaints from Usenet users." In particular, this
individual was making crude and disturbing comments about the situation
between Israel and the Palestinians.

Please, please believe me when I say that I am not that person. The Rocky
and Bullwinkle cartoon show was and is one of my all-time favorite TV
programs, and that's why I post as Rocky, but I will gladly pick a new
nickname if I find that I am being confused with that other RJS.

Rocky

"Rocket J. Squirrel" <rocky@bullwinkle.com> wrote:

>It has very recently come to my attention that someone posting under the
>name Rocket J. Squirrel was kicked off the Google Groups in December of 2002
>"due to excessive complaints from Usenet users." In particular, this
>individual was making crude and disturbing comments about the situation
>between Israel and the Palestinians.
>
>Please, please believe me when I say that I am not that person. The Rocky
>and Bullwinkle cartoon show was and is one of my all-time favorite TV
>programs, and that's why I post as Rocky, but I will gladly pick a new
>nickname if I find that I am being confused with that other RJS.

No danger of confusion. Although your anti-registry-cleaner
campaign has taken on some of the religious passion of the
Middle-East mess, it is worlds away from that unfortunate
situation.

[That fervor on the registry-cleaner subject, though, suggests
that if you /do/ decide to pick a new nym, Bullwinkle might be
appropriate, as he was - sort of - the dimmer bulb of the pair.]

[;-> for the chain-pull challenged.]
--
OJ III
[Email sent to Yahoo address is burned before reading.

acadia

No confusion here, has anyone from this group complained? I say keep it.
That cartoon show was one of my all-time favorites also, I have all of the
video tapes. Whenever I do something stupid my wife says I show the
intelligence of Bullwinkle!

--
Have both a nice day and a happy life, Acadia.

Thanks for the support, OJ.

Actually, I think it's some in the pro-registry cleaner crowd who hold to
their positions with religious ferver (excluding you, of course.) They must
have a lot of faith, since most of their claims aren't supportable.

Rocky

"Ogden Johnson III" <oj3usmc@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> "Rocket J. Squirrel" <rocky@bullwinkle.com> wrote:
>
> >It has very recently come to my attention that someone posting under the
> >name Rocket J. Squirrel was kicked off the Google Groups in December of
2002
> >"due to excessive complaints from Usenet users." In particular, this
> >individual was making crude and disturbing comments about the situation
> >between Israel and the Palestinians.
> >
> >Please, please believe me when I say that I am not that person. The Rocky
> >and Bullwinkle cartoon show was and is one of my all-time favorite TV
> >programs, and that's why I post as Rocky, but I will gladly pick a new
> >nickname if I find that I am being confused with that other RJS.
>
> No danger of confusion. Although your anti-registry-cleaner
> campaign has taken on some of the religious passion of the
> Middle-East mess, it is worlds away from that unfortunate
> situation.
>
> [That fervor on the registry-cleaner subject, though, suggests
> that if you /do/ decide to pick a new nym, Bullwinkle might be
> appropriate, as he was - sort of - the dimmer bulb of the pair.]
>
> [;-> for the chain-pull challenged.]
> --
> OJ III
> [Email sent to Yahoo address is burned before reading.
> Lower and crunch the sig and you'll net me at comcast.]

Bullwinkle: Hey Rock, watch me pull a rabbit out of my hat.
Rocky: Again? That trick never works.

Rocky

"Acadia" <acadiaNOT@ONyourLIFE.com> wrote in message
> No confusion here, has anyone from this group complained? I say keep it.
> That cartoon show was one of my all-time favorites also, I have all of the
> video tapes. Whenever I do something stupid my wife says I show the
> intelligence of Bullwinkle!
>
> --
> Have both a nice day and a happy life, Acadia.

This time for sure....grin

Regards,
John O.

"Rocket J. Squirrel" <rocky@bullwinkle.com> wrote in message
> Bullwinkle: Hey Rock, watch me pull a rabbit out of my hat.
> Rocky: Again? That trick never works.
>
> Rocky
>
> "Acadia" <acadiaNOT@ONyourLIFE.com> wrote in message
> > No confusion here, has anyone from this group complained? I say keep
it.
> > That cartoon show was one of my all-time favorites also, I have all of
the
> > video tapes. Whenever I do something stupid my wife says I show the
> > intelligence of Bullwinkle!
> >
> > --
> > Have both a nice day and a happy life, Acadia.

bill

On Fri, 23 Apr 2004 17:31:54 GMT, "Rocket J. Squirrel"
<rocky@bullwinkle.com> wrote:

Only if you tell us where you went to school.

> Only if you tell us where you went to school.

Whatsamatta U

hh

....musta left home without his Kirwood Derby.
HH

"bc_acadia" <bc_acadia@my-deja.com> wrote in message
> > Only if you tell us where you went to school.
>
> Whatsamatta U

That would be Montreal, Canada. A far cry from Frostbite Falls, Minnesota.

Rocky

"Bill" <bnospamgross@nospam.airmail.net> wrote in message
> On Fri, 23 Apr 2004 17:31:54 GMT, "Rocket J. Squirrel"
> <rocky@bullwinkle.com> wrote:
>
> Only if you tell us where you went to school.

bill

On Mon, 26 Apr 2004 14:44:16 GMT, "Rocket J. Squirrel"
<rocky@bullwinkle.com> wrote:

>That would be Montreal, Canada. A far cry from Frostbite Falls, Minnesota.

Impostor!

Educated in private schools (squirrels were not yet integrated), Rocky
majored in Snare Drums at Juilliard (he was indeed the Institute's
first drum major) before finishing up at Cal Tech (Calvin's School of
Supermarket Technology).

Actually, I'm old enough to remember Durward Kirby. He was Allen Funt's
sidekick. But this is so OT.

Rocky

"HH" <hahunt42@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> ...musta left home without his Kirwood Derby.
> HH
>
> "bc_acadia" <bc_acadia@my-deja.com> wrote in message
> > > Only if you tell us where you went to school.
> >
> > Whatsamatta U

hh

Same here. Always wore those loud plaid sport coats. yecch.
HH

> Actually, I'm old enough to remember Durward Kirby. He was Allen Funt's
> sidekick. But this is so OT.
>
> Rocky
>
> "HH" <hahunt42@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > ...musta left home without his Kirwood Derby.
> > HH
> >
> > "bc_acadia" <bc_acadia@my-deja.com> wrote in message
> > >
> > > Whatsamatta U

"Rocket J. Squirrel" <rocky@bullwinkle.com> wrote:

>Actually, I'm old enough to remember Durward Kirby. He was Allen Funt's
>sidekick. But this is so OT.

And, along with that, the emcee on the Gary Moore variety show
[which introduced the US to Carol Burnett].
--

"Rocket J. Squirrel" wrote:

> Actually, I'm old enough to remember Durward Kirby. He was Allen Funt's
> sidekick. But this is so OT.

Flashbacks. Make them go away! <g>

Larry

Ogden Johnson III wrote:

> "Rocket J. Squirrel" <rocky@bullwinkle.com> wrote:
>
> >Actually, I'm old enough to remember Durward Kirby. He was Allen Funt's
> >sidekick. But this is so OT.
>
> And, along with that, the emcee on the Gary Moore variety show
> [which introduced the US to Carol Burnett].

Garry Moore... To Tell the Truth. I've Got a Secret.

Please, make the voices go away!

Larry

Lawrence Glasser <lglasser@spamcop.net> wrote:

>Ogden Johnson III wrote:

>> "Rocket J. Squirrel" <rocky@bullwinkle.com> wrote:

>> >Actually, I'm old enough to remember Durward Kirby. He was Allen Funt's
>> >sidekick. But this is so OT.

>> And, along with that, the emcee on the Gary Moore variety show
>> [which introduced the US to Carol Burnett].

>Garry Moore... To Tell the Truth. I've Got a Secret.

[Senility has firmly settled in and taken hold, I forgot about
the second "r". Sigh.]

>Please, make the voices go away!

No. It has started. In true Usenet tradition, it won't end
until we all get tired of it or you killfile the thread.
--

Bill wrote:

> On Mon, 26 Apr 2004 14:44:16 GMT, "Rocket J. Squirrel"
> <rocky@bullwinkle.com> wrote:
>

>>That would be Montreal, Canada. A far cry from Frostbite Falls, Minnesota.
>>

> Impostor!
>
> Educated in private schools (squirrels were not yet integrated), Rocky
> majored in Snare Drums at Juilliard (he was indeed the Institute's
> first drum major) before finishing up at Cal Tech (Calvin's School of
> Supermarket Technology).

funny :)

Buck

Wolfgang

best to change your name to french poodle. better suits you yellow
frenchies.

> That would be Montreal, Canada. A far cry from Frostbite Falls, Minnesota.
>
> Rocky
>
> "Bill" <bnospamgross@nospam.airmail.net> wrote in message
> > On Fri, 23 Apr 2004 17:31:54 GMT, "Rocket J. Squirrel"
> > <rocky@bullwinkle.com> wrote:
> >
> > Only if you tell us where you went to school.

1. My native language is English.
2. I have lived in the United States for 15 years.
3. The color yellow has no association with Quebec.
4. You are ignorant.

Rocky