documents and settings

August 17, 2005 9:15:33 PM

How can I change the Documents and Settings folder on my XP Pro workstation.
Default for all users is C:\Documents and Settings\User name\...

I want this off my C: drive and put else where.
I am running this computer in a peer to peer network.

Thanks
Finecats.

More about : documents settings

Anonymous
August 17, 2005 9:49:04 PM

Right click on the My Documents folder and select Properties

The resulting window will have a Target tab, just enter the new location and
click on Move and it'll take care of it for you.

"Finecats" wrote:

> How can I change the Documents and Settings folder on my XP Pro workstation.
> Default for all users is C:\Documents and Settings\User name\...
>
> I want this off my C: drive and put else where.
> I am running this computer in a peer to peer network.
>
> Thanks
> Finecats.

Anonymous
August 17, 2005 10:06:16 PM

This stuff does not appear on my computer!
--
Gak -
Finecats

"usasma" wrote:

> Right click on the My Documents folder and select Properties
>
> The resulting window will have a Target tab, just enter the new location and
> click on Move and it'll take care of it for you.
>
> "Finecats" wrote:
>
> > How can I change the Documents and Settings folder on my XP Pro workstation.
> > Default for all users is C:\Documents and Settings\User name\...
> >
> > I want this off my C: drive and put else where.
> > I am running this computer in a peer to peer network.
> >
> > Thanks
> > Finecats.

August 18, 2005 12:33:37 AM

"Finecats" <usfinecats@nospam.sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
> How can I change the Documents and Settings folder on my XP Pro
> workstation.
> Default for all users is C:\Documents and Settings\User name\...
>
> I want this off my C: drive and put else where.
> I am running this computer in a peer to peer network.
>
> Thanks
> Finecats.

Work best when a clean installation is performed.

Cannot move or rename the Documents and Settings folder
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=236621

--
William
Anonymous

How to rename or move a User Profile folder?:
http://windowsxp.mvps.org/userpath.htm

--
Ramesh, Windows XP MVP
http://windowsxp.mvps.org