PC switches off a few seconds after a few seconds

My Performance 800 PC is a - P3/128MB which has worked fine until now. I
turn the power-switch on, but the power only comes on for a few seconds and
then the PC switches off again. This repeats itself every time. Can anyone
tell me what's going on and what I can do about it?
TIA.
Eos.

#1 cause of this seems to be the power supply. If still under warranty,
call Gateway, explain the problem, and they should send you a replacement
power supply.