Sign in with
Your question

TV wont play sound on home theatre

Last response: in Home Theatre
November 2, 2011 1:40:00 AM

I have a Sony Bravia KDL40EX710 that will not play sound through HDMI connected Panasonic Home Theatre.

When i first purchased it it worked fine however ever since i adjusted cords around at the back of the tv it seems to have been affected.

I can play BluRay movies on the home theatre and get surround sound on the system and video on the Sony TV. So i doubt it is HDMI cable.

I have tried two HDMI cables as well.

I am sure there is a simple fix on the tv in the settings however i cannot find it any ideas thanks

Rod
November 3, 2011 10:39:10 PM

Rod,

I am not quite sure how you got the audio over HDMI from TV -> Panasonic as this TV does not seem to support HDMI output/passthrough. You should be able to use the optical audio out for surround purposes or the coax out for stereo.

Source: http://www.docs.sony.com/release/KDL32EX700_qs.pdf
m
l
November 3, 2011 10:40:55 PM

Coax = Composite Red/White cables just in case there is any confusion :) 
m
l
Related resources
November 3, 2011 10:42:57 PM

Also, I realize the manual link is for a 32" but that is what Sony linked for your model :( 
Just check the back panel near each HDMI connection it should only say IN
m
l
November 13, 2011 11:25:41 PM

resolved
m
l
September 30, 2012 7:59:00 AM

Hi,

I am facing the same issue, I do have Sony Ex500 32 inch TV and sony DAV-DZ777 hometheatre, i WANTED TO PLAY TV SOUND IN SONY HOME THEATRE SPEAKERS, but it is silent when i change the Home theatre to TV mode. I have connected red, black colour cable from TV box (audio out) and audio in in home theatre. Seems to be the connection I made referred the sony manual. Seems to be some connection problem or cable problem.

Any one please help me to fix this issue.

with Regards,
Manivannan
m
l
!