Task Manager stopped working

Weird.. All of a sudden my Task Manager has stopped working.
If I hit Ctl + Alt + Del I get the normal security window (Lock computer,
restart, Logoff, Task Manager, etc),
However when I hit the "Task Manager" Button, it just gives me a simple
window that shows the current windows that are open, nothing else. Not the
usual detailed options, nor can I get out of it unless I just hit escape..

Any ideas why I have lost this valuable function ?

Thanks in advance..
Phil
3 answers Last reply
More about task manager stopped working

    Hi,

    Double click on a grey area of the 'minimal taskmanager' that you are getting now. This will get you
    back all the other tabs.

    --

    Anando
    Microsoft MVP- Windows Shell/User

    Folder customizations
    http://newdelhi.sancharnet.in/minku

    Protect your PC!
    http://www.microsoft.com/protect

    "Musicman50" <musicman50@comcast.net> wrote in message
    > Weird.. All of a sudden my Task Manager has stopped working.
    > If I hit Ctl + Alt + Del I get the normal security window (Lock computer,
    > restart, Logoff, Task Manager, etc),
    > However when I hit the "Task Manager" Button, it just gives me a simple
    > window that shows the current windows that are open, nothing else. Not the
    > usual detailed options, nor can I get out of it unless I just hit escape..
    >
    > Any ideas why I have lost this valuable function ?
    >
    > Thanks in advance..
    > Phil

    Sorry everyone for posting in two groups :-(
    After I posted here, I thoug it would be better in the help group.

    Anyway thanks for everyones help, I have it working now again.. :-)

    --
    <:))))><<
    "Musicman50" <musicman50@comcast.net> wrote in message
    > Weird.. All of a sudden my Task Manager has stopped working.
    > If I hit Ctl + Alt + Del I get the normal security window (Lock computer,
    > restart, Logoff, Task Manager, etc),
    > However when I hit the "Task Manager" Button, it just gives me a simple
    > window that shows the current windows that are open, nothing else. Not the
    > usual detailed options, nor can I get out of it unless I just hit escape..
    >
    > Any ideas why I have lost this valuable function ?
    >
    > Thanks in advance..
    > Phil

    The problem isn't sending to more than one group. It's how you did it. ;-)

    [[When you post identical messages to different newsgroups independently,
    many people waste their time downloading and reading a message they have
    either already read, already answered, or didn't know was already answered
    by someone else, in another group. ]]

    [[If a message MUST be posted to multiple groups, post a single message and
    select all the groups (or type their names manually, separated by commas) in
    which you want it to be seen. This is called Crossposting and when used
    properly it is *GOOD*.]]

    From Outlook Express HELP...
    [[To send your message to multiple newsgroups on the same news server, in
    the New Message dialog box, click the icon next to Newsgroups. In the Pick
    Newsgroups dialog box, click one or more newsgroups from the list (hold down
    the CTRL key to select multiple newsgroups), and then click Add. You can
    choose from all newsgroups or only those you subscribe to by clicking Show
    only subscribed newsgroups.

    You can send a given message to more than one newsgroup at a time only if
    all the newsgroups are on the same news server. To post a message to
    newsgroups on other news servers, create a separate message for each news
    server.]]

    This way a message posted in one group gets all the other replies in the
    other group and vice versa. The same if posted to more than two groups, any
    reply posted in one group will show up in all the other groups where the
    message was originally posted.

    --
    Hope this helps. Let us know.

    Wes
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

    In news:O46QDn%23oFHA.3656@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl,
    Musicman50 <musicman50@comcast.net> hunted and pecked:
    > Sorry everyone for posting in two groups :-(
    > After I posted here, I thoug it would be better in the help group.
    >
    > Anyway thanks for everyones help, I have it working now again.. :-)
    >
    > --
    > <:))))><<
    > "Musicman50" <musicman50@comcast.net> wrote in message
    >> Weird.. All of a sudden my Task Manager has stopped working.
    >> If I hit Ctl + Alt + Del I get the normal security window (Lock
    >> computer, restart, Logoff, Task Manager, etc),
    >> However when I hit the "Task Manager" Button, it just gives me a simple
    >> window that shows the current windows that are open, nothing else. Not
    >> the usual detailed options, nor can I get out of it unless I just hit
    >> escape..
    >>
    >> Any ideas why I have lost this valuable function ?
    >>
    >> Thanks in advance..
    >> Phil

Microsoft Task Manager Windows XP