I recently noticed that the auto play on my cd-rom does not alway work. There
are some programs that I put in and the auto play works fine, however most do
not. For example... JumpStart children's games work fine, but the kids new
sims2 game and their new John Deere game the auto play does not work on and
there is no icon showing a cd in the drive, but if you open it up the cd is
there and will play fine, just no auto play or icon indiacating the cd is in
the drive. Why is this happening? TIA

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=C680A7B6-E8FA-45C4-A171-1B389CFACDAD&displaylang=en
Autoplay Repair Wizard
The Microsoft AutoPlay Repair Wizard scans your computer devices to find defective
AutoPlay settings, and attempts to fix those it finds.
Supported Operating Systems: Windows Server 2003, Windows XP