Sign in with
Your question

Front and Back Panel Audio Do Not Work

Last response: in Windows 7
October 28, 2012 4:27:24 PM

Hi I just had to move my graphics card to another slot for access to another PCIE slot. And my back audio sound jack stopped working. Ive tried with my monitor speaker and headphones and it does not work. Any help would be good.
Specs:
windows 7
i7 3930k
32gb of ripjaws Z
noctua nh-d14
thermal take level 10 gt
x79 sabertooth

My front panel audio does not work either. I got bios set to HD audio and i am using the hd audio plug
any help would be good.
:D 
a b \ Driver
a c 226 U Graphics card
a c 253 $ Windows 7
October 28, 2012 4:48:21 PM

Go to Control Panel/Sound and verify that the proper playback device is selected as default. Sounds like when you moved the video card, the system may have selected the video card's HDMI audio device as the default. Just change back to the "regular" HD sounds device.
m
l
October 28, 2012 6:41:35 PM

I can not change any of the settings because it says it can not recognize any of the audio devices. It thinks that there are no audio devices put in when there are actually 2.
m
l
Related resources
a b \ Driver
a c 226 U Graphics card
a c 253 $ Windows 7
October 28, 2012 7:17:00 PM

Reload the drivers for each.
m
l
October 28, 2012 7:18:01 PM

For each what?
m
l
a b \ Driver
a c 226 U Graphics card
a c 253 $ Windows 7
October 28, 2012 7:23:14 PM

The 2 audio devices you indicated the system has...
m
l
October 29, 2012 2:54:02 AM

Ok so after reinstalling the realteakndriver it has recognized that their is a plug pluged in. But im hearing no sound. In the volume thing on the bottom right i see te sound moving up and down. Any suggesstions?
m
l
November 2, 2012 10:43:03 PM

It stil does not work.
m
l
November 2, 2012 11:03:51 PM

Under Control Panel, go to Harware & Sound > Sound and select the audio device(s) you plugged in as the default. Then check if that works.
m
l
December 7, 2012 5:28:31 AM

99kevin99 said:
Hi I just had to move my graphics card to another slot for access to another PCIE slot. And my back audio sound jack stopped working. Ive tried with my monitor speaker and headphones and it does not work. Any help would be good.
Specs:
windows 7
i7 3930k
32gb of ripjaws Z
noctua nh-d14
thermal take level 10 gt
x79 sabertooth

My front panel audio does not work either. I got bios set to HD audio and i am using the hd audio plug
any help would be good.
:D 

Hi I'm wonder if you ever got to bottom of the problem.

I've had exactly the same issue on Sabertooth 990FX R.20. I bought a new graphics card and it was longer and didn't fit in the top slot because of my HDDs so I stuck it in the middle slot. Everything loads up fine except no sound from the back panel anymore (haven't tried the front yet, don't have a panel) . I can get sound from the NVIDIA HDMI. I have the issue in Linux and Windows so I don't think its software related.
m
l
!