Win 7 OEM problems

Hello, I just bought a new MoBo,CPU and SSD. therefore i decided to sell my old setup, and keep the harddrive, however, now the person i am selling it ti, says it does not work, this is true, it bluscreens on login. however with my old hard drive, it works perfectly, i have an OEM version of WIN 7. do i have to buy a new version of win 7/8, or is there a way we can fix this.

thank you for any sulutions,
-Me
4 answers Last reply
More about problems
  1. I recommend you and the person you sold the motherboard to....Reinstall windows
  2. So, What, reinstall my windows on my new hard disk, will that work? ive heard that OEM only works on 1 motherboard
  3. OEM versions of Windows 7 are identical to Full License Retail versions except for the following:

- OEM versions do not offer any free Microsoft direct support from Microsoft support personnel

- OEM licenses are tied to the very first computer you install and activate it on

- OEM versions allow all hardware upgrades except for an upgrade to a different model motherboard

- OEM versions cannot be used to directly upgrade from an older Windows operating system

Microsoft.com ^
  4. Thank you very much....***.
Ask a new question

Read More

Hard Drives OEM Windows 7