Dump Adobe Reader! Foxit Reader is better than Adobe Reader anyway.

Small, Fast, Clean, and FREE PDF Reader for Everyday Use
http://www.foxitsoftware.com/pdf/rd_intro.php

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:eRxE3T5oFHA.1444@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl,
R. McCarty <PcEngWork-NoSpam_@mindspring.com> hunted and pecked:
> Adobe has acknowledged a flaw in some of their "Reader" Products.
> They are recommending users upgrade to version 7.0.3.
>
> Security Alert from Secuina:
> http://secunia.com/advisories/16466/
>
> Reader download Menu page:

http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/product.jsp?product=10&platform=Windows

Does Foxit work at all sites that say you *need* Adobe such as the IRS to
download forms?
http://www.irs.gov/formspubs/lists/0,,id=97817,00.html
--
Bruce Hagen
MS-MVP - (IE/OE)

> Dump Adobe Reader! Foxit Reader is better than Adobe Reader anyway.
>
> Small, Fast, Clean, and FREE PDF Reader for Everyday Use
> http://www.foxitsoftware.com/pdf/rd_intro.php
>
> --
> Hope this helps. Let us know.
>
> Wes
> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
>
> In news:eRxE3T5oFHA.1444@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl,
> R. McCarty <PcEngWork-NoSpam_@mindspring.com> hunted and pecked:
>> Adobe has acknowledged a flaw in some of their "Reader" Products.
>> They are recommending users upgrade to version 7.0.3.
>>
>> Security Alert from Secuina:
>> http://secunia.com/advisories/16466/
>>
>> Reader download Menu page:
>>
> http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/product.jsp?product=10&platform=Windows

Thank you for the mentoning Foxit. Very fast. -- Yes, it works with the
IRS and all other sites I've tried.

Remove -NOSPAM- to contact me.

Yes it works.

--

Harry Ohrn MS-MVP [Shell/User]
www.webtree.ca/windowsxp

"Bruce Hagen" <Nospam@mymail.invalid> wrote in message
> Does Foxit work at all sites that say you *need* Adobe such as the IRS to
> download forms?
> http://www.irs.gov/formspubs/lists/0,,id=97817,00.html
> --
> Bruce Hagen
> MS-MVP - (IE/OE)
> ~IB-CA~

>> Dump Adobe Reader! Foxit Reader is better than Adobe Reader anyway.
>>
>> Small, Fast, Clean, and FREE PDF Reader for Everyday Use
>> http://www.foxitsoftware.com/pdf/rd_intro.php
>>
>> --
>> Hope this helps. Let us know.
>>
>> Wes
>> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
>>
>> In news:eRxE3T5oFHA.1444@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl,
>> R. McCarty <PcEngWork-NoSpam_@mindspring.com> hunted and pecked:
>>> Adobe has acknowledged a flaw in some of their "Reader" Products.
>>> They are recommending users upgrade to version 7.0.3.
>>>
>>> Security Alert from Secuina:
>>> http://secunia.com/advisories/16466/
>>>
>>> Reader download Menu page:
>>>
>> http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/product.jsp?product=10&platform=Windows

Thanks,

Bruce Hagen

> Yes it works.
>
> --
>
> Harry Ohrn MS-MVP [Shell/User]
> www.webtree.ca/windowsxp
>

> "Bruce Hagen" <Nospam@mymail.invalid> wrote in message
>> Does Foxit work at all sites that say you *need* Adobe such as the IRS to
>> download forms?
>> http://www.irs.gov/formspubs/lists/0,,id=97817,00.html
>> --
>> Bruce Hagen
>> MS-MVP - (IE/OE)
>> ~IB-CA~

>>> Dump Adobe Reader! Foxit Reader is better than Adobe Reader anyway.
>>>
>>> Small, Fast, Clean, and FREE PDF Reader for Everyday Use
>>> http://www.foxitsoftware.com/pdf/rd_intro.php
>>>
>>> --
>>> Hope this helps. Let us know.
>>>
>>> Wes
>>> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
>>>
>>> In news:eRxE3T5oFHA.1444@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl,
>>> R. McCarty <PcEngWork-NoSpam_@mindspring.com> hunted and pecked:

>>> http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/product.jsp?product=10&platform=Windows

Hi Bruce,

Eeeewww. The IRS? Eeeewww. ;-(

I have only been using Foxit for a couple of weeks. But I assure you that
Adobe is gone from my machine. Foxit has opened any *.pdf file that I have
tried to open. I hate *.pdf files.

I just opened i1040ez.pdf (I found it in my 2004 Tax folder) and the Foxit
Typewriter works on this form. However, here's the rub, you cannot save the
data. You have to purchase Foxit Reader Pro in order to save any typed
data. You can't type any data in forms with the Free Adobe Reader either,
though, can you?

I need to clean out that Tax folder. :)

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:OyXzL65oFHA.1148@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl,
Bruce Hagen <Nospam@mymail.invalid> hunted and pecked:
> Does Foxit work at all sites that say you *need* Adobe such as the IRS to
> download forms?
> http://www.irs.gov/formspubs/lists/0,,id=97817,00.html
> --
> Bruce Hagen
> MS-MVP - (IE/OE)
> ~IB-CA~

>> Dump Adobe Reader! Foxit Reader is better than Adobe Reader anyway.
>>
>> Small, Fast, Clean, and FREE PDF Reader for Everyday Use
>> http://www.foxitsoftware.com/pdf/rd_intro.php
>>
>> --
>> Hope this helps. Let us know.
>>
>> Wes
>> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
>>
>> In news:eRxE3T5oFHA.1444@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl,
>> R. McCarty <PcEngWork-NoSpam_@mindspring.com> hunted and pecked:
>>> Adobe has acknowledged a flaw in some of their "Reader" Products.
>>> They are recommending users upgrade to version 7.0.3.
>>>
>>> Security Alert from Secuina:
>>> http://secunia.com/advisories/16466/
>>>
>>> Reader download Menu page:

http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/product.jsp?product=10&platform=Windows

Hi Wes,

I have never had the occasion to type in data on a PDF, so I can't answer
that. I only have received them, downloaded them or saves a Word Perfect
creation as a PDF.

Since you can't save data, can you have Foxit and Adobe on the same machine
and choose which one you want to use at any given time?
--
Bruce Hagen
MS-MVP - (IE/OE)

> Hi Bruce,
>
> Eeeewww. The IRS? Eeeewww. ;-(
>
> I have only been using Foxit for a couple of weeks. But I assure you that
> Adobe is gone from my machine. Foxit has opened any *.pdf file that I
> have
> tried to open. I hate *.pdf files.
>
> I just opened i1040ez.pdf (I found it in my 2004 Tax folder) and the Foxit
> Typewriter works on this form. However, here's the rub, you cannot save
> the
> data. You have to purchase Foxit Reader Pro in order to save any typed
> data. You can't type any data in forms with the Free Adobe Reader either,
> though, can you?
>
> I need to clean out that Tax folder. :)
>
> --
> Hope this helps. Let us know.
>
> Wes
> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
>
> In news:OyXzL65oFHA.1148@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl,
> Bruce Hagen <Nospam@mymail.invalid> hunted and pecked:
>> Does Foxit work at all sites that say you *need* Adobe such as the IRS to
>> download forms?
>> http://www.irs.gov/formspubs/lists/0,,id=97817,00.html
>> --
>> Bruce Hagen
>> MS-MVP - (IE/OE)
>> ~IB-CA~

>>> Dump Adobe Reader! Foxit Reader is better than Adobe Reader anyway.
>>>
>>> Small, Fast, Clean, and FREE PDF Reader for Everyday Use
>>> http://www.foxitsoftware.com/pdf/rd_intro.php
>>>
>>> --
>>> Hope this helps. Let us know.
>>>
>>> Wes
>>> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
>>>
>>> In news:eRxE3T5oFHA.1444@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl,
>>> R. McCarty <PcEngWork-NoSpam_@mindspring.com> hunted and pecked:

> http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/product.jsp?product=10&platform=Windows

Bruce,

Since I no longer have Adobe on my machine I can't answer that first hand.

*.pdf file association after using Foxit is going to be changed in the
registry from Adobe to Foxit. I haven't looked so I do not know what all
gets changed.

I imagine you would have to right click a *.pdf file and select Open With.
Or Open Adobe or Foxit and open *.pdf files from one or the other.

Just like when you install MS Word, Word steals the *.rtf file association
from WordPad. So if you want to open *.rtf files with WordPad, you need to
use Open With.

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:uYF$zdBpFHA.420@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl,

you are welcome.

--

> Thanks,
>
> Bruce Hagen
>
> "Harry Ohrn" <harry---@webtree.ca> wrote in message
>> Yes it works.
>>
>> --
>>
>> Harry Ohrn MS-MVP [Shell/User]
>> www.webtree.ca/windowsxp
>>

>> "Bruce Hagen" <Nospam@mymail.invalid> wrote in message
>>> Does Foxit work at all sites that say you *need* Adobe such as the IRS
>>> to download forms?
>>> http://www.irs.gov/formspubs/lists/0,,id=97817,00.html
>>> --
>>> Bruce Hagen
>>> MS-MVP - (IE/OE)
>>> ~IB-CA~

Noticing you folks talking about Foxit and I gave it a try and found it to
be a nice surprise. Adobe Reader 7.03 had a quirk on my computer, when
opening a pdf file that contained text created using smart quotes.
Apostrophes would be moved to the right, almost over the s and there would
be a space between the last letter of the word and the apostrophe s. Adobe
Reader version 6 worked without the quirk. Foxit brings up the file in fine
shape. Thanks for the heads up.

--
Don
Vancouver, USA

> Yes it works.
>
> --
>
> Harry Ohrn MS-MVP [Shell/User]
> www.webtree.ca/windowsxp
>

> "Bruce Hagen" <Nospam@mymail.invalid> wrote in message
>> Does Foxit work at all sites that say you *need* Adobe such as the IRS to
>> download forms?
>> http://www.irs.gov/formspubs/lists/0,,id=97817,00.html
>> --
>> Bruce Hagen
>> MS-MVP - (IE/OE)
>> ~IB-CA~

>>> Dump Adobe Reader! Foxit Reader is better than Adobe Reader anyway.
>>>
>>> Small, Fast, Clean, and FREE PDF Reader for Everyday Use
>>> http://www.foxitsoftware.com/pdf/rd_intro.php
>>>
>>> --
>>> Hope this helps. Let us know.
>>>
>>> Wes