Sign in with
Your question

How to get my music from ipod onto new computer?

Last response: in Mac Os X
February 20, 2011 6:25:19 AM

So my iPod has been synced to our desktop, and I have bought some music from my ipod that is not on the desktop. But now i have a new computer and i want my music from my ipod, not the desktop, on the itunes on the new computer, but transfer purchases isn't working. So.. is there a way to transfer from the ipod on to the new itunes? Or can someone at the genius bar do that for me?

Thanks

More about : music ipod computer

February 20, 2011 12:55:07 PM

itunes doesn't have tech support?
m
l
February 20, 2011 11:17:36 PM

The problem is that you can only sync your iPod/Phone/Pad/Whatever to one library at a time. If you want to keep everything, you're going to have to manually copy your files over from the old computer to the new one.
m
l
Related resources
February 22, 2011 4:46:56 AM

If you've genuinely bought the songs from iTunes Store to your iPod, you should be able to transfer purchases without any problems, as long as you authorize your new computer with the same iTunes account that you bought your songs with.
Know more about How to transfer or sync iPod music to Mac, which included the detailed tutorials of how to transfer your music from iPod to Mac.
Hope it can do you a favor.
m
l
February 28, 2011 4:49:30 PM

You just need to make sure the ipod is marked as a mass storage device through my computer after clicking on it there you should see the music folders there is I think three of them you just highlight and move them to a location on the computer.The song names are going to be messed up but it should work.
m
l
November 19, 2011 7:10:19 AM

The best idea to copy all things from old computer to new computer is ,connect the crossover Fast Ethernet cable to both of computer backside on RJ-45 plug and finally enjoy with it by transferring the data.
m
l
!