Halo: Combact Evolved , Lock-up during multyiplayer

Tags:
  • Video Games
Last response: in Video Games
August 24, 2004 12:49:01 PM

I can't seem to locate the problem that causes this issue,
I've closed all non-essiental background programs, along
with the rest of the FAQs, and still it ocurrs. It is to
my assumption that my security settings may play a role.
Anyway, if you can give me some advice as to how to
address this issue I'd be most appreciative.

128 mb Radeon 9200 w/8x AGP
256 mb DDR-Ram
80 gb HD
2.4 ghz Intel Pentium IV

More about : halo combact evolved lock multyiplayer

Anonymous
August 24, 2004 5:57:43 PM

"« DeF »" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I can't seem to locate the problem that causes this issue,
> I've closed all non-essiental background programs, along
> with the rest of the FAQs, and still it ocurrs. It is to
> my assumption that my security settings may play a role.
> Anyway, if you can give me some advice as to how to
> address this issue I'd be most appreciative.
>
> 128 mb Radeon 9200 w/8x AGP
> 256 mb DDR-Ram
> 80 gb HD
> 2.4 ghz Intel Pentium IV

Hi DeF,

Hardware issues can cause freezing, black screens and other
errors. Also, your drivers should always be kept up to date.

Try the following steps one at a time to try and resolve the issue.
I hope this helps. Please post back if you have any questions! :-)

1. Update DirectX and your Chipset, Sound, &Video Drivers:
For all Video / DirectX / Game and Hardware Issues, I have a
Checklist of Solutions at: http://NibblesNbitsVideo.tk

2. Dust your fans, vents and components using a 1/4" paintbrush
and a hose vacuum. Use compressed air for hard to reach places.
Set a housefan to blow cold air into your case to expose an over-
heating issue.. If it works add more fans or replace defective ones.
Use this Motherboard Monitor Utility: http://mbm.livewiredev.com

3. A faulty power supply can cause STOP errors, random reboots,
and black screen lockups. One way to test for that is to check the
wattage sticker on your power supply and then calculate your need
http://www.jscustompcs.com/power_supply/ (Min. 350 for gaming)

4. Test your RAM using: http://oca.microsoft.com/en/windiag.asp

--
Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User