Sign in with
Your question
Solved

USB get disconnected

Last response: in Windows 7
October 28, 2012 5:01:10 PM

Hi,

I'm having a problem with the mouse and the keyboard (both usb). The problem is that sometimes (randomly) they get disconnected and when I try to unplug and plug in they dont work, even I change the usb port, but they still without working.
Windows says (when i reconnect them) that it doesnt recognize them.

The motherboard is a Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H.

Any ideas about it?

More about : usb disconnected

a b $ Windows 7
October 28, 2012 6:38:48 PM

check peripheral in the control panel for usb hub if there is a ? mark maybe you will need to reinstall the driver or update them
October 28, 2012 7:03:09 PM

I dont have a usb hub in the control panel, but I checked all the drivers and all of them are up to date
Related resources
a b $ Windows 7
October 28, 2012 7:14:28 PM

so under the usb section there is nothing wrong not even a usb controller with a ? mark ,then i would check the connector on the motherboard and if you have a voltmeter you could check the power on the port http://pinouts.ru/Slots/USB_pinout.shtml
October 28, 2012 7:19:44 PM

scout_03 said:
so under the usb section there is nothing wrong not even a usb controller with a ? mark ,then i would check the connector on the motherboard and if you have a voltmeter you could check the power on the port http://pinouts.ru/Slots/USB_pinout.shtml

Yes, I already checked the conector (all of them) but nothing, I have to say, when this happen it doesn't mind if I change the usb port (I have 2 usb 3.0 and 1 2.0) and in all of them it doesn't work till I reboot the computer

Best solution

a b $ Windows 7
October 28, 2012 7:29:26 PM

then it could be the motherboard since no usb port work until you restart try to test a usb port connector directly to the board if you have power and data signal
October 28, 2012 8:33:30 PM

scout_03 said:
then it could be the motherboard since no usb port work until you restart try to test a usb port connector directly to the board if you have power and data signal

How I do that? I mean I have the connectors of behind the motherboard and it doesn't work neither and I have the connectors of the case connected to the motherboard, and usb doesnt work there (till I reboot the machine)
a b $ Windows 7
October 29, 2012 12:12:43 AM

what is your psu name and model also you could ask for rma since the usb port dont work at all on the motherboard
October 29, 2012 2:21:25 PM

scout_03 said:
what is your psu name and model also you could ask for rma since the usb port dont work at all on the motherboard

I dont know what is the psu name, but the model is Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H.

I guess that I will ask for a rma finally, I tried not to do it because I need the computer but...

Thank you so much scout_03!
a b $ Windows 7
October 29, 2012 10:56:15 PM

usualy there is a sticker on the side with the name and model also the power output specs
November 6, 2012 12:36:22 PM

Best answer selected by Frankicia.
!