Sign in with
Your question

Urgent q about dvd's

Tags:
Last response: in CPUs
June 2, 2003 11:06:51 PM

Sry for posting here, but I'm likely to get the fastest response here. Several days ago I burnt 2 dvd's containing video (however, not like a burn dvd where it includes folders that have the info and what not to use on standalone dvd player- instead I burnt it like u do data on a cd) from my friend's Mac. Anyway, another friend lent me his dvd drive for computer and I hooked it up, all is recognized. It's a Toshiba SD-M1202 but it refuses to read the dvd's, says window's can't read the disk- disk may be corrupted or in unknown format.

Hilbert space is a big place.

More about : urgent dvd

June 3, 2003 12:44:36 AM

Well i know a bit about burning dvds on mac, if you burn the data with mac with just plain mac, i mean without software burner like Toast Platinum, then it is can not be recognize by pc. But if your friend have Toast Platinum then you can burn your data in Hybrid MacOS Extended & PC Format so PC Computers can read the data that has been burned. That's all that i know. Any technical causes? i dunno. Sorry:) 

:smile: Clear thoughts and open mind :smile:
June 3, 2003 1:42:46 AM

Hmm, don't think I'll be able to reburn it. Is there anyway to get it to work? I need this urgently for a project due at the end of this week....

Hilbert space is a big place.
Related resources
June 3, 2003 4:28:33 AM

I'm not sure it's your case, but few days ago I had problem reading DVD .Vob files that I copied from DVD to my HD. Neither my Ati player or PowerDVD can read them because the specific region code embedded on the files. I had to use <b><A HREF="http://www.digital-digest.com/dvd/downloads/dvdx.html" target="_new"><font color=red>DVDx</A></b></font color=red> to decrypt and convert them to mpeg files so my players can open them.

:smile: Good or Bad have no meaning at all, depends on what your point of view is.
June 3, 2003 8:49:00 PM

Maybe there's an idea or something, but i dunno it will work:(  But if you have a dvd copy software like dvd clone maybe you can clone it, because like cdclone it can make image that can be read. Or other dvd copy software that can read raw data. It's worth to try:) 

:smile: Clear thoughts and open mind :smile:
June 8, 2003 4:59:24 AM

Thx for the help. In my panic I posted in the apple forums (will u forgive me, I beg of forgiveness for touching the dark side) and asked em wtf to do. There's something called MacDrive which emulates a *gasp* mac drive and lets it see the files. Now the issue came that my friend's burner is a pos, so the files wouldn't copy b/c they were corrupt. So I had to use bad cd copy. Then because it replaces random data, adobe premiere had some issues. Then b/c....well to make a long story short, it was a pain in the ass, I better get an A or A+ on this project or ima gonna flip. Lol, moral of the story: don't use macs.

All the things I really like to do are either illegal, immoral, or fattening.
!