Excessive Refreshing - Windows Explorer And Internet Explo..

Dano

I hope that somebody can point me to a solution. Once of my XP PC's, SP2,
latest patch has all of the sudden started to constantly refresh any time I
go into Windows Explorer or Internet Explorer. I did not change anything or
install anything. I have tried a few tweeks from various web sites, a
system restore to a day that I know worked, on and on. Nothing seems to
work. I'm at the ARGGG stage :)

Thanks in advance.
Dan

Have you run a good antivirus scan?

"DanO" wrote:

> I hope that somebody can point me to a solution. Once of my XP PC's, SP2,
> latest patch has all of the sudden started to constantly refresh any time I
> go into Windows Explorer or Internet Explorer. I did not change anything or
> install anything. I have tried a few tweeks from various web sites, a
> system restore to a day that I know worked, on and on. Nothing seems to
> work. I'm at the ARGGG stage :)
>
> Thanks in advance.
> Dan

Dano

Yea, Virus Scan, Adware scans, you name it.

I did boot into safe mode, and interestingly enough within windows explorer
the refresh is ok.

"Neil UK" wrote:

> Have you run a good antivirus scan?
>
> "DanO" wrote:
>
> > I hope that somebody can point me to a solution. Once of my XP PC's, SP2,
> > latest patch has all of the sudden started to constantly refresh any time I
> > go into Windows Explorer or Internet Explorer. I did not change anything or
> > install anything. I have tried a few tweeks from various web sites, a
> > system restore to a day that I know worked, on and on. Nothing seems to
> > work. I'm at the ARGGG stage :)
> >
> > Thanks in advance.
> > Dan

Malke

DanO wrote:

> Yea, Virus Scan, Adware scans, you name it.
>
> I did boot into safe mode, and interestingly enough within windows
> explorer the refresh is ok.
>

> "Neil UK" wrote:
>
>> Have you run a good antivirus scan?
>>
>> "DanO" wrote:
>>
>> > I hope that somebody can point me to a solution. Once of my XP
>> > PC's, SP2, latest patch has all of the sudden started to constantly
>> > refresh any time I
>> > go into Windows Explorer or Internet Explorer. I did not change
>> > anything or
>> > install anything. I have tried a few tweeks from various web
>> > sites, a
>> > system restore to a day that I know worked, on and on. Nothing
>> > seems to
>> > work. I'm at the ARGGG stage :)
>> >
>> > Thanks in advance.
>> > Dan

Is it possible that you installed a video driver update from Windows
Update? It is always a bad idea to install drivers from WU. Try rolling
back your video driver - do this from the device's Properties in Device
Manager.

Malke
--
Elephant Boy Computers