EMachines W3609 case and OS questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xyloriuphon

Honorable
Nov 17, 2012
Hello, I have 3 questions.. One is, Is the case for a W3609 a micro ATX? or just standard ATX.. Beacuse, If its Micro Atx, Im planning to put in this:

http://www.memoryexpress.com/Products/MX40624

and second question...

Since when you change out a Mobo, you need a new licence... Correct? Cant you just wipe thee one OS off the harddrive, and just reinstall it? beacuse the key can be used as many times, As long as there is no computer running the same key, Within a time period....

3rd question, Does the case support a ATX powersupply? or does it need a Micro atx?

Thanks for any answers for these questions

Solution
First question, the case only supports micro-ATX and mini-ITX motherboards
Second question, your license (through emachines/gateway/acer) is for the system with motherboard intact. A new license would be needed.
Third question, It uses a standard ATX PSU
Questions not asked (but should've been IMO)
Do I need new ram? Yes, your current ram is DDR2*, the motherboard you're looking at uses DDR3
Do I need a new CPU? Yes, your current CPU is socket 775*, the new motherboard uses socket 1155
Hope it helps
*Unless your model is newer than the one I could find to reference
First question, the case only supports micro-ATX and mini-ITX motherboards
Second question, your license (through emachines/gateway/acer) is for the system with motherboard intact. A new license would be needed.
Third question, It uses a standard ATX PSU
Questions not asked (but should've been IMO)
Do I need new ram? Yes, your current ram is DDR2*, the motherboard you're looking at uses DDR3
Do I need a new CPU? Yes, your current CPU is socket 775*, the new motherboard uses socket 1155
Hope it helps
*Unless your model is newer than the one I could find to reference

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.