More about firewalls

    From: "deango" <Deango@nospamtoday.com>

    http://www.wyvernworks.com/evaluations.html

    | They say their advantage is detecting Trojans. Thanks for anything you can provide.
    | deango

    You'll get a better response by asking in a FireWall News Group such as...
    microsoft.public.windows.networking.firewall

    --
    Dave
    http://www.ik-cs.com/got-a-virus.htm

    Have never understood the fascinaion with free firewalls, bug/trojan/key and
    mouse recording/personal info seeking detection software. For a couple of
    dollars a month, you can get that and more.
    Why all the humbug over saving two dollars? This like the newspaper boy "I
    want my two dollars" skit?

    "deango" <Deango@nospamtoday.com> wrote in message
    Hi. I see that Symantic is taking over the free Sygate Personal Firewall
    which probably means it won't be free much longer.
    Does anyone have any input on the free firewall at
    http://www.wyvernworks.com/evaluations.html

    They say their advantage is detecting Trojans. Thanks for anything you can
    provide. deango

    I stand corrected..............Couldn't agree more and will invest in the best available.............Any idea what that might be? Thanks Dave...............deango
    Lil' Dave wrote:
    > Have never understood the fascination with free firewalls,
    > bug/Trojan/key and mouse recording/personal info seeking detection

    Depends on the level of security you're looking for. I use ZA Pro
    http://www.zonelabs.com/store/content/home.jsp
    in tandem with a antspyware/bug finder,
    http://www.intermute.com/
    and NAV 2004.
    Have heard Panda is better AV though.
    Stay away from McAfee stuff.
    Careful of free online scanners.

    From: "Lil' Dave" <spamyourself@virus.net>

    | Depends on the level of security you're looking for. I use ZA Pro
    | http://www.zonelabs.com/store/content/home.jsp
    | in tandem with a antspyware/bug finder,
    | http://www.intermute.com/
    | and NAV 2004.
    | Have heard Panda is better AV though.
    | Stay away from McAfee stuff.
    | Careful of free online scanners.

    If you are using Broadband Internet then a Cable/DSL Router such as the Linksys BEFSR41 can
    help a great deal as they act as simplistic FireWalls.

    As always, I suggest blocking both TCP and UDP ports 135 ~ 139 and 445 on *any* SOHO Router.

    --
    Dave
    http://www.ik-cs.com/got-a-virus.htm

Firewalls Microsoft Windows XP