Double Icons in Control Panel

In my Control Panel, I have two of each Icons.
Two add remove programs, 2 Internet options, 2 system and on and on.
With my 3rd party Icons there are only of each. Does anyone know how to
delete one of the duplicate Icons? These are not shortcut Icons! Both Icons
take you to the correct function. Help! It doesant hurt anything but it
drives me nuts whenever I go to my Control Panel.

Jerry

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

All items in the Control Panel have their files in \system32. Look there for
files ending in .CPL and verify then delete duplicates.

"Perry" <Perry@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> In my Control Panel, I have two of each Icons.
> Two add remove programs, 2 Internet options, 2 system and on and on.
> With my 3rd party Icons there are only of each. Does anyone know how to
> delete one of the duplicate Icons? These are not shortcut Icons! Both
> Icons
> take you to the correct function. Help! It doesant hurt anything but it
> drives me nuts whenever I go to my Control Panel.

Spittie-1

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2008
Hi,
I have the same problem. How do I know which one to keep?
Do I keep the largest file or the oldest?
Thanks in advance

GreaseMonkey_62

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2009

I had this problem too. I removed the one that had a (2) in the file name and it worked fine.