How to copy & create ntldr,ntdetect & Boot.ini

Some kind friends please assist the following:
How to copy ntldr,ntdetect form c: to floppy disk.
How to create or copy Boot.ini c: to floppy disk.
Please kindly provide step-by-step instruction.
Thx.
Rgds,
Steven

"Steven Tan" wrote:
> Some kind friends please assist the following:
> How to copy ntldr,ntdetect form c: to floppy disk.
> How to create or copy Boot.ini c: to floppy disk.
> Please kindly provide step-by-step instruction.
> Thx.
> Rgds,
> Steven

Just drag 'n drop those files to the floppy disk
from their positions just below the root of the
C: file structure.

*TimDaniels*

Steven Tan <stevenlin_99@hotmail.com.sg> wrote:

> How to copy ntldr,ntdetect form c: to floppy disk.
> How to create or copy Boot.ini c: to floppy disk.

"How to use System files to create a boot disk to guard against
being unable to start Windows XP"

d-d

Andy

Run cmd.exe (Command Prompt window)
c:
cd \
attrib -h -s nt*.*
attrib -h -s boot.ini
copy nt*.* a:\
copy boot.ini a:\

On Wed, 17 Aug 2005 21:06:14 -0700, "Steven Tan"
<stevenlin_99@hotmail.com.sg> wrote:

>Some kind friends please assist the following:
>How to copy ntldr,ntdetect form c: to floppy disk.
>How to create or copy Boot.ini c: to floppy disk.
>Please kindly provide step-by-step instruction.
>Thx.
>Rgds,
>Steven

Andy,
Thank you very much for your assistance,it really help me.
I refer to MSKB article ID 305595 regarding on "how to create a boot disk
for an NTFS or FAT partition in windows XP"
Please assist on how to modify the Boot.ini file

Thx again.
Rgds,
Steven

"Andy" wrote:

> Run cmd.exe (Command Prompt window)
> c:
> cd \
> attrib -h -s nt*.*
> attrib -h -s boot.ini
> copy nt*.* a:\
> copy boot.ini a:\
>
> On Wed, 17 Aug 2005 21:06:14 -0700, "Steven Tan"
> <stevenlin_99@hotmail.com.sg> wrote:
>
> >Some kind friends please assist the following:
> >How to copy ntldr,ntdetect form c: to floppy disk.
> >How to create or copy Boot.ini c: to floppy disk.
> >Please kindly provide step-by-step instruction.
> >Thx.
> >Rgds,
> >Steven

Andy

Boot from the Windows XP CD and run the recovery console.
Then execute the command bootcfg /rebuild
which will search for a valid Windows XP installation(s) on the
disk(s).

On Thu, 18 Aug 2005 19:33:02 -0700, "Steven Tan"
<stevenlin_99@hotmail.com.sg> wrote:

>Andy,
>Thank you very much for your assistance,it really help me.
>I refer to MSKB article ID 305595 regarding on "how to create a boot disk
>for an NTFS or FAT partition in windows XP"
>Please assist on how to modify the Boot.ini file
>
>Thx again.
>Rgds,
>Steven
>
>"Andy" wrote:
>
>> Run cmd.exe (Command Prompt window)
>> c:
>> cd \
>> attrib -h -s nt*.*
>> attrib -h -s boot.ini
>> copy nt*.* a:\
>> copy boot.ini a:\
>>
>> On Wed, 17 Aug 2005 21:06:14 -0700, "Steven Tan"
>> <stevenlin_99@hotmail.com.sg> wrote:
>>
>> >Some kind friends please assist the following:
>> >How to copy ntldr,ntdetect form c: to floppy disk.
>> >How to create or copy Boot.ini c: to floppy disk.
>> >Please kindly provide step-by-step instruction.
>> >Thx.
>> >Rgds,
>> >Steven

Thx for your info.
Please show me step-by-step
Rgds,
Steven

"Andy" wrote:

> Boot from the Windows XP CD and run the recovery console.
> Then execute the command bootcfg /rebuild
> which will search for a valid Windows XP installation(s) on the
> disk(s).
>
> On Thu, 18 Aug 2005 19:33:02 -0700, "Steven Tan"
> <stevenlin_99@hotmail.com.sg> wrote:
>
> >Andy,
> >Thank you very much for your assistance,it really help me.
> >I refer to MSKB article ID 305595 regarding on "how to create a boot disk
> >for an NTFS or FAT partition in windows XP"
> >Please assist on how to modify the Boot.ini file
> >
> >Thx again.
> >Rgds,
> >Steven
> >
> >"Andy" wrote:
> >
> >> Run cmd.exe (Command Prompt window)
> >> c:
> >> cd \
> >> attrib -h -s nt*.*
> >> attrib -h -s boot.ini
> >> copy nt*.* a:\
> >> copy boot.ini a:\

Andy

1. Boot from Windows XP CD.
2. Press R to run Recovery Console.
3. Press the number of the Windows installation to log into.
4. Type bootcfg /rebuild
5. Press Y to add Windows installation to boot list.
6. Load Identifier: Windows XP
7. OS load options: /fastdetect
8. Press Y to add installation to boot list.

9. At command prompt, copy boot.ini to floppy disk.

On Fri, 19 Aug 2005 22:56:01 -0700, "Steven Tan"