How to copy & create ntldr,ntdetect & Boot.ini

Some kind friends please assist the following:
How to copy ntldr,ntdetect form c: to floppy disk.
How to create or copy Boot.ini c: to floppy disk.
Please kindly provide step-by-step instruction.
Thx.
Rgds,
Steven
7 answers Last reply
More about copy create ntldr ntdetect boot

    "Steven Tan" wrote:
    > Some kind friends please assist the following:
    > How to copy ntldr,ntdetect form c: to floppy disk.
    > How to create or copy Boot.ini c: to floppy disk.
    > Please kindly provide step-by-step instruction.
    > Thx.
    > Rgds,
    > Steven

    Just drag 'n drop those files to the floppy disk
    from their positions just below the root of the
    C: file structure.

    *TimDaniels*

    Steven Tan <stevenlin_99@hotmail.com.sg> wrote:

    > How to copy ntldr,ntdetect form c: to floppy disk.
    > How to create or copy Boot.ini c: to floppy disk.

    "How to use System files to create a boot disk to guard against
    being unable to start Windows XP"

    d-d

    Run cmd.exe (Command Prompt window)
    c:
    cd \
    attrib -h -s nt*.*
    attrib -h -s boot.ini
    copy nt*.* a:\
    copy boot.ini a:\

    On Wed, 17 Aug 2005 21:06:14 -0700, "Steven Tan"
    <stevenlin_99@hotmail.com.sg> wrote:

    >Some kind friends please assist the following:
    >How to copy ntldr,ntdetect form c: to floppy disk.
    >How to create or copy Boot.ini c: to floppy disk.
    >Please kindly provide step-by-step instruction.
    >Thx.
    >Rgds,
    >Steven

    Andy,
    Thank you very much for your assistance,it really help me.
    I refer to MSKB article ID 305595 regarding on "how to create a boot disk
    for an NTFS or FAT partition in windows XP"
    Please assist on how to modify the Boot.ini file

    Thx again.
    Rgds,
    Steven

    "Andy" wrote:

    > Run cmd.exe (Command Prompt window)
    > c:
    > cd \
    > attrib -h -s nt*.*
    > attrib -h -s boot.ini
    > copy nt*.* a:\
    > copy boot.ini a:\
    >
    > On Wed, 17 Aug 2005 21:06:14 -0700, "Steven Tan"
    > <stevenlin_99@hotmail.com.sg> wrote:
    >
    > >Some kind friends please assist the following:
    > >How to copy ntldr,ntdetect form c: to floppy disk.
    > >How to create or copy Boot.ini c: to floppy disk.
    > >Please kindly provide step-by-step instruction.
    > >Thx.
    > >Rgds,
    > >Steven

    Boot from the Windows XP CD and run the recovery console.
    Then execute the command bootcfg /rebuild
    which will search for a valid Windows XP installation(s) on the
    disk(s).

    On Thu, 18 Aug 2005 19:33:02 -0700, "Steven Tan"
    <stevenlin_99@hotmail.com.sg> wrote:

    >Andy,
    >Thank you very much for your assistance,it really help me.
    >I refer to MSKB article ID 305595 regarding on "how to create a boot disk
    >for an NTFS or FAT partition in windows XP"
    >Please assist on how to modify the Boot.ini file
    >
    >Thx again.
    >Rgds,
    >Steven
    >
    >"Andy" wrote:
    >
    >> Run cmd.exe (Command Prompt window)
    >> c:
    >> cd \
    >> attrib -h -s nt*.*
    >> attrib -h -s boot.ini
    >> copy nt*.* a:\
    >> copy boot.ini a:\
    >>
    >> On Wed, 17 Aug 2005 21:06:14 -0700, "Steven Tan"
    >> <stevenlin_99@hotmail.com.sg> wrote:
    >>
    >> >Some kind friends please assist the following:
    >> >How to copy ntldr,ntdetect form c: to floppy disk.
    >> >How to create or copy Boot.ini c: to floppy disk.
    >> >Please kindly provide step-by-step instruction.
    >> >Thx.
    >> >Rgds,
    >> >Steven

    Thx for your info.
    Please show me step-by-step
    Rgds,
    Steven

    "Andy" wrote:

    > Boot from the Windows XP CD and run the recovery console.
    > Then execute the command bootcfg /rebuild
    > which will search for a valid Windows XP installation(s) on the
    > disk(s).
    >
    > On Thu, 18 Aug 2005 19:33:02 -0700, "Steven Tan"
    > <stevenlin_99@hotmail.com.sg> wrote:
    >
    > >Andy,
    > >Thank you very much for your assistance,it really help me.
    > >I refer to MSKB article ID 305595 regarding on "how to create a boot disk
    > >for an NTFS or FAT partition in windows XP"
    > >Please assist on how to modify the Boot.ini file
    > >
    > >Thx again.
    > >Rgds,
    > >Steven
    > >
    > >"Andy" wrote:
    > >
    > >> Run cmd.exe (Command Prompt window)
    > >> c:
    > >> cd \
    > >> attrib -h -s nt*.*
    > >> attrib -h -s boot.ini
    > >> copy nt*.* a:\
    > >> copy boot.ini a:\

    1. Boot from Windows XP CD.
    2. Press R to run Recovery Console.
    3. Press the number of the Windows installation to log into.
    4. Type bootcfg /rebuild
    5. Press Y to add Windows installation to boot list.
    6. Load Identifier: Windows XP
    7. OS load options: /fastdetect
    8. Press Y to add installation to boot list.

    9. At command prompt, copy boot.ini to floppy disk.

    On Fri, 19 Aug 2005 22:56:01 -0700, "Steven Tan"
    <stevenlin_99@hotmail.com.sg> wrote:

    >Thx for your info.
    >Please show me step-by-step
    >Rgds,
    >Steven
    >
    >"Andy" wrote:
    >
    >> Boot from the Windows XP CD and run the recovery console.
    >> Then execute the command bootcfg /rebuild
    >> which will search for a valid Windows XP installation(s) on the
    >> disk(s).
    >>
    >> On Thu, 18 Aug 2005 19:33:02 -0700, "Steven Tan"
    >> <stevenlin_99@hotmail.com.sg> wrote:
    >>
    >> >Andy,
    >> >Thank you very much for your assistance,it really help me.
    >> >I refer to MSKB article ID 305595 regarding on "how to create a boot disk
    >> >for an NTFS or FAT partition in windows XP"
    >> >Please assist on how to modify the Boot.ini file
    >> >
    >> >Thx again.
    >> >Rgds,
    >> >Steven

Floppy Disk Boot Ntldr Windows XP