Flight Simulator 2004

Is the Logitech Extreme 3D PRO a good joystick to use. If
not what is recommended?
2 answers Last reply
More about flight simulator 2004
  1. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.games.discussion (More info?)

    I am not familiar with that particular model, but can make a few general
    recommendations.

    For most fixed wing aircraft a joystick is useable, but a yoke would be
    easier to use and more realistic. Many joysticks are awkward to use with the
    left hand while operating control panel switches with a mouse in your right
    hand. I suspect left-handed people find the majority of joysticks awkward as
    well. I am still in the process of getting used to operating the mouse with
    my left hand. I have seen two joystick models (from the same company) with
    removable hand rests and throttles that could be reconfigured for
    left-handed persons.

    Some yokes have multiple engine control levers on the right side which are
    handy for multiple engine planes or planes with pilot controllable propeller
    pitch or piston engines.

    The twist handles on some joysticks are useable for rudder control or anti
    torque on a helicopter, but is not as precise or realistic as rudder pedals.
    Rudder pedals with a joystick or a joystick with a twist handle are
    necessary if you want to fly the helicopters, which is significantly more
    challenging than fixed wing flight. You will also need rudder pedals or a
    twist handle joystick to land a fixed wing plane if the simulator's weather
    includes winds blowing at an angle to the runway.

    And of course the usual rule about buying technical wares: You may not get
    what you pay for, but you can be certain you will have to pay for what you
    get. You may find inexpensive controls (especially those under $25 US items)
    lacking in longevity.

    <heathv@triad.rr.com> wrote in message
    > Is the Logitech Extreme 3D PRO a good joystick to use. If
    > not what is recommended?
  2. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.games.discussion (More info?)

    Yes it is, i have one my self and love it.

    -Donnie
    www.fs9.org

Games Microsoft Logitech Video Games