MN740 adapter will not update Runtime Firmware

dennis

Distinguished
Jun 12, 2003

Hello, using WinXP SP2 with a MN500 wireless router with
SP2 update. Trying to update Firmware on wifi adapter
(MN740) for the Xbox. Followed instructions, unplugged
740 for 20 seconds, all firewalls are off. Extra
computers are off and not online.
MN740 Firmware updater located adapter and is able to
update Boot Firmware, but never the Runtime Firmware.
MN500 and MN740 are within 5 feet of each other, line of
sight. Xbox is turned off during all this.
I cannot understand why it detects the setup and shows
Xbox on BNU, but does not update the Runtime Firmware
though orginal firmware version indicates it's old.

Tried using a seperate computer that is not directly
plugged into router but requires wireless gateway. Other
computer is WinXP-SP1 and still cannot update MN740.

Thanks for the help.

In your Internet Explorer options, goto the Connections tab, and then the
Lan Connections button
Within that dialog, make sure all the check marks are cleared there (i.e. so
you are using NO proxies of any kind).

Then try the update again

--
Jason Tsang - Microsoft MVP

Find out about the MS MVP Program -

"Dennis" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello, using WinXP SP2 with a MN500 wireless router with
> SP2 update. Trying to update Firmware on wifi adapter
> (MN740) for the Xbox. Followed instructions, unplugged
> 740 for 20 seconds, all firewalls are off. Extra
> computers are off and not online.
> MN740 Firmware updater located adapter and is able to
> update Boot Firmware, but never the Runtime Firmware.
> MN500 and MN740 are within 5 feet of each other, line of
> sight. Xbox is turned off during all this.
> I cannot understand why it detects the setup and shows
> Xbox on BNU, but does not update the Runtime Firmware
> though orginal firmware version indicates it's old.
>
> Tried using a seperate computer that is not directly
> plugged into router but requires wireless gateway. Other
> computer is WinXP-SP1 and still cannot update MN740.
>
> Thanks for the help.

dennis

Distinguished
Jun 12, 2003

Thank you for your response. I examined the Lan
Connection and there are no options checked and no Lan
connections or proxies on.