Sign in with
Your question

Dynex LCD 32 inch TV no signal from computer to tv

Last response: in Home Theatre
November 5, 2011 12:07:41 PM

I am trying to connect my computer to the TV, but I'm receving no signal. I've followed the very minimal instructions in the manual, but still no signal... I simply plugged the VGA cable from the computer to the TV and the audio cable as instructed - no signal. I changed the source on my TV to "VGA" as instructed - NO SIGNAL. There are no troubleshooting guidelines available, so I tried to do everything I know to troubleshoot myself. Any suggestions?
Anonymous
November 6, 2011 1:44:53 AM

it should have more than one external input, try them all. (VGA-1, VGA-2, Digital, Digital-1, etc)

Give me the best answer if this gets it going.

<edited by moderator>
m
l
a b x TV
November 6, 2011 3:20:13 PM

1) Check to make sure the TV is enabled as a secondary monitor on your computer.
2) You may need to change the resolution for the secondary monitor to something it will recognize.

-Wolf sends
m
l
Related resources
November 25, 2011 3:01:47 AM

Right click on your desktop and select "screen resolution" --then play around with the setting to get your PC to detect the TV and display images on it instead of on the monitor your computer normally displays. This takes some fiddling and I'm not sure how I finally did it but eventually it worked.
m
l
a b x TV
January 7, 2014 3:14:28 PM

try setting your pc for 1280x720 @ 60hz display output.

Your user manual should show a listing of supported resolutions but this should be one of them.
m
l
!