Sign in with
Your question
Solved

MS Office Standard 2007 won't Install on Win 7

Last response: in Windows 7
April 1, 2010 4:19:29 PM

I am absolutely frustrated and out of options, I think. I am hoping someone here can help me.

I have a brand new Dell XPS 9000 running Windows 7 (64-bit). I just spent bookoo bucks on MS Office 2007 (Standard) and it won't install.

It doesn't give me an error message, just a dialogue box immediately after the installer begins stating that "something" caused the installer to stop. It then gives me the option to change settings (which I've done), and try again, but to no avail.

I have also installed the Service Pack update (no luck), tried to run in compatibility mode (nada), and run the installer as an administrator (zilch). I'm even waiting to chat with a MS tech person (but that won't happen b/c the chat client won't connect!!!).

I'm absolutely fried and out of ideas. Any suggestions?

Thanks much,
Gloria

Best solution

a b $ Windows 7
April 2, 2010 4:22:14 AM

Recommend installing/running CCleaner.
http://www.ccleaner.com/
This program (free) will clean out your temp folders.
Sometimes installation programs leave behind residual file that can interfere with other installation programs. CCleaner can usually remove that kind of interference.
April 13, 2010 4:33:30 AM

Thank you much for your help. I used the program and reinstalled with absolutely no problem. Thanks again!
-Gloria
m
l
April 13, 2010 4:33:39 AM

Best answer selected by onecheekymonkey.
m
l
!