Sign in with
Your question

Buying a New PC! NEED HELP! URGENT!

Last response: in Computer Brands
December 24, 2012 4:30:42 AM

Hello tom's hardware community!

I've had a few posts earlier about upgrading my computer and its CPU / GPU / etc, but I think with the amount of money / budget I have ($500) I might as well buy a new computer.

Do any of you guys know of any GOOD Gaming PC's under $600 (WITH TAX)? Thank you.

Here are some reason as to why I need a new computer:
MY SPECS:

HP

Model: a4327c

Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) II X2 240 Processor 2.80 GHz

RAM: 4.00 GB (3.75 GB Usable)

64 - bit Operating System

Open Slot of PCI Express X16

Current Graphic Card: NVIDIA GeForce 6150SE nForce 430

Power Supply: 250 watt

Sucks, right? :( 

More about : buying urgent

a b α HP
December 24, 2012 6:51:32 AM

With your budget, A monster gamer is out of the question but you can get an improvement over your current system. The best option (IMO) I found would be using the iBUYPOWER Gamer Power NE711i Desktop PC for $450 here http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168... and since it does not come with a graphics card, putting your GT 430 in it until you can afford more than $100 more for a decent graphics card. You'll have decent enough frame rates in some games (with lower setting) for now as seen here http://www.game-debate.com/gaming-pc/index.php?r_id=137... simply select the game you're interested in playing and then select game analysis and it'll show the expected frame rates
Hope it helps
m
l
Related resources
January 16, 2013 1:20:55 PM

egnhan98 said:
Hello tom's hardware community!

I've had a few posts earlier about upgrading my computer and its CPU / GPU / etc, but I think with the amount of money / budget I have ($500) I might as well buy a new computer.

Do any of you guys know of any GOOD Gaming PC's under $600 (WITH TAX)? Thank you.

Here are some reason as to why I need a new computer:
MY SPECS:

HP

Model: a4327c

Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) II X2 240 Processor 2.80 GHz

RAM: 4.00 GB (3.75 GB Usable)

64 - bit Operating System

Open Slot of PCI Express X16

Current Graphic Card: NVIDIA GeForce 6150SE nForce 430

Power Supply: 250 watt

Sucks, right? :( 

Heres how I can help you. I can narrow down one place not to go from my experience. CyberPower pc is a very bad company to deal with. They took my money but didnt give me what I paid for. I cant tell you how sick that company makes me feel, how much money I feel I wasted on them.. never give that p.o.s. company your money.. dont trust the good reviews.. look at the bad look at what can happen to you.. buying a pc should never be a gamble.. that company should not stop until you got what you paid for.. CyberPower isnt that kind of Company
m
l
May 31, 2013 6:39:30 PM

My best advice would be to go onto TigerDirect and look at the barebones system kits; seem to be very reasonably priced. Comes with most components that you need for under 500 depending on the components. Also, you know exactly what you are getting versus some of those prebuilt crap boxes. You also get the enjoyment of putting it all together :D ! I did the same and it cost me 350 after shipping with everything but the GPU and HD. Threw a Radeon 7870 in there and couldnt be happier with it. Especially with the OC'ed card and GPU.
Happy hunting man
m
l
!