What's up? AMD?

I look in the Sunday newspaper ad's for the big electronics stores and find
Gateway systems on sale with AMD64 technology and then I go to the Gateway
web-site and everything is Intel only! Very curious...got any ideas on this
one?

Gateway only sells the AMD machines in retail stores. None of the models in
stores are available on their website. They look similar and you can
configure one online to the same specs as the retail products though (well,
the Intel configs anyway). Below is a sweet AMD laptop that is not available
on the website.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?id=1099386075236&skuId=6969097&productCategoryId=pcmcat39100050016&type=product

"WillRogers" <WillRogers@nospam.com> wrote in message
>I look in the Sunday newspaper ad's for the big electronics stores and find
>Gateway systems on sale with AMD64 technology and then I go to the Gateway
>web-site and everything is Intel only! Very curious...got any ideas on
>this one?

That I know...does anyone why?