TECH: Twilight Zone Powerfield

Hello,

I got a TZ a couple of days ago but on the powerfield only the right
magnaflip seems to be working.
In the test menu (magnet test) both left and right get checked when pressed
but on the powerfield I only feel the right side magnetic field.

Anyone has any idea what this might be or how to check what exactly is wrong
?

Thanks,

Power to the magnet not working would be a good start. If power and it's
correct, you have a problem with the magnet, if no power, then to have to
work your way back to the solenoid driver board and see if you have wiring
issues or board problems.

Be careful with the mini playfield wiring, two connectors are the same but
different wiring. One is optos one is high power ( magnets ) mix them up and
you'll have lots more to fix. LTG :)

"pninja005" <pninja005@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> I got a TZ a couple of days ago but on the powerfield only the right
> magnaflip seems to be working.
> In the test menu (magnet test) both left and right get checked when
pressed
> but on the powerfield I only feel the right side magnetic field.
>
> Anyone has any idea what this might be or how to check what exactly is
wrong
> ?
>
> Thanks,

Thanks for the info but I still don't know what to do:(

Am I allowed to exchange the left and right magnet to see if it is the
magnet that is broken?
How can I test the power ?

I'm new to pins..

Thx

-Peter

"Lloyd Olson" <ltg@ssbilliards.com> wrote in message
> Power to the magnet not working would be a good start. If power and it's
> correct, you have a problem with the magnet, if no power, then to have to
> work your way back to the solenoid driver board and see if you have wiring
> issues or board problems.
>
> Be careful with the mini playfield wiring, two connectors are the same but
> different wiring. One is optos one is high power ( magnets ) mix them up
> and
> you'll have lots more to fix. LTG :)
>
> "pninja005" <pninja005@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> Hello,
>>
>> I got a TZ a couple of days ago but on the powerfield only the right
>> magnaflip seems to be working.
>> In the test menu (magnet test) both left and right get checked when
> pressed
>> but on the powerfield I only feel the right side magnetic field.
>>
>> Anyone has any idea what this might be or how to check what exactly is
> wrong
>> ?
>>
>> Thanks,

connectors are different on the magnets so they can't be swapped.