Broken Lat D800 power supply

john

Splendid
Aug 25, 2003

My latitude D800 power supply broke on me today. I expected it to go soon
anyway, just not this way. The inner pin of the jack just completely broke
apart without warning. It was pretty odd as it was never bent before.

I haven't looked at the warranty yet. I suspect this is classified as
"reasonable wear and tear" and hence outside of warranty. Or does Dell cut
any breaks?

Any opinions: Generic or OEM?

By the way, I noticed the adapter still works without the pin, which is
extremely strange. The BIOS chirps about an "unrecognized power adapter."
Did that center pin carry a diagnostic channel?

Thanks.

David

If your laptop is under warranty this will be covered.
Just use email support as it seems to be the most straight forward
way to handle warranty claims.
Dave

"John" <jbast@nomansland.com> wrote:
>Any opinions: Generic or OEM?

There are no compatable Generics, as the three-pin connector and the
communications between the laptop and the power supply mean no-one
else is going to {bother,be allowed} to make a supply.