Lian Li

dave4900

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2001
Excuse the miss post but theres not really a forum for cases here, I posted in the cpu forum as it is the best.
I have a lian li pc 60 case, with the documentation that it came with it says theres 3 3 1/2inch bays and 4 hidden 3 1/2 bay. I presume these are the ones at the very bottom front of the case. My question is how do I fit a hard drive in one of these bays as currently they are too large.
Is there some kind of fitting I can get to attach to a drive so that I can mount it in one of these.

Thanks

c0d1f1ed

Distinguished
Apr 14, 2003
I don't know for the Lian Li models, but many high-class cases have a system to easily slide harddisks in and out. My brother's case has these sliders in a holder at the bottom of his case. You have to screw them onto the harddrive and then you can just slide and click them in...

peter21

Distinguished
Apr 24, 2002
I have the PC 65(same as the 60 except for window), you have to place the HD vertically on the bottom ones. To make it easier unscrew the two thumb screws holding that cage, pull it out and then install your Hard Drives. Plus it will be easier to see, how it works. By the way, make sure you put your HD in the bottom four as they are in front of the fans, where the top external three are not in front of the fans.

--------
The only thing that i truly know...

is that i know nothing at all.

unoc

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2002
You should post the question through the "hard disk" forum because generally the computer cases differs by the number of hdd slots.
If you have some spare time, I suggest you to buy some aluminum foil and realise a well cooled "hdds box", then insert this box within the case eliminating the structure for 3.5" devices.
I did so in a very cheap midtower case where I found enough room for two CDs (burner and DVD), two floppy disk bay (one used only for the potenziometer of the cooler master CPU cooler), and 8 3.5" drives (but I actually use "only" six hdd), allocated within an aluminum structure of 10.5cm x 24.5cm x 12cm (w_h_d). The 8 3.5" drive are cooled by three 8 cm fan. Everything is powered by half kW Enermax PSU which is able to deliver a continuos current of about 22 Amps on +12 V rail (33 Amps peak).
Some screws, rivets, and thermal glue has been the other components. I saved about 180$ and I have exactly what I need, even not exactly " aesthetic ".

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by unoc on 06/06/03 10:28 AM.</EM></FONT></P>