Sign in with
Your question

Overclocking my 2500+, need advice

Last response: in CPUs
June 6, 2003 4:32:28 AM

I am running a Asus A7N8X Deluxe mobo with an Athlon XP 2500+ and twin sticks of 512mb PC3200 Corsair XMS memory. I just purchased this hardware recently and have been overclocking my processor but I am not to sure what is a safe overclock for the 2500..I'm running a chieftec case with 6 32cfm fans and a Alpha heatsink with an 80mm ran mounted on top.

Right now I am running my processor at 200mhz FSB with multiplier set at 11, it comes up as an Athlon 3200+ and I raised my voltage to 1.7v. What is the safe operating temperature for the Barton core athlons? and How high can I safely raise my FSB or multiplier before I fry it? What voltage should I use? 3200+ seems a little bit extreme so I am going to bump it back down to 2500+ until I get some advice. I am new to overlocking so any help is appreciated =)
June 6, 2003 9:50:09 AM

Your cpu is rated to 1.85 volts. Generally it will hit max temp under load sooner than that. I get nervous above 1.75 but I was never too good at chicken. I like to try to run 3dmark 2k3 first stability test then Sisoft Sandra burnin to give it a good workout. Always check yur temps regularly.
!