Sound system with PC

i Have a Sony home theater system of which speakers i Want to connect iT wid my computer.
The system is around 10 years old which has 345W RMS (120x2W + 35x3W).
Model no is SONY HCD-VX90AV for VCD system & SS-VX90AV for speaker system (5 speakers).
The system doesnt have a MP3 or DvD playback just CD & VCD so i Wanna use those speakers wid my PC
But the problem is that it doesnt have a Standard 3.5mm jack instead each speaker has 2 wires output.
So is there any way through which i can connect those speakers wid my computer ???

i Need to buy a new mobo for my AmD x6.
So suggest me which is compatable with that & i will buy that & tell iF sound Card is required oR not ??
11 answers Last reply
More about sound system
  1. Go to Radioshack. Ask for RCA to Stereo Minijack adaptor.
  2. astrallite said:
    Go to Radioshack. Ask for RCA to Stereo Minijack adaptor.

waht is RadioShack ??
    iF u are referring to a store then lemme tell u that i am from mumbai,india so pls tell me stores in my country.
  3. You can buy this online as well. You don't have to buy from Radioshack.
  4. astrallite said:
    Go to Radioshack. Ask for RCA to Stereo Minijack adaptor.

& can u PlS eXplain me waht is RCA & Stereo Minijack adaptor ????
    & how much do i Need considering i have 5 speakers
  5. Okay. There is a website called Google on the internet, you might want to check it out sometime, it's called a Search Engine and allows you to find things if you type in text.

I used Google and on Google Images here are pictures of the stereo to minijack adaptor.

http://www.google.com/images?q=rca+to+stereo+minijack&oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&um=1&ie=UTF-8&source=og&sa=N&hl=en&tab=wi&biw=1152&bih=544
  6. Hey thanks now i Know taht waht is RCA & STEREO MiNiJack Adaptor.
    But problem is my speaker wires are not RCA type it has just 2 wires which needs to be attached to the speaker & VCD player.
  7. The connectors on the speakers are not the RCA type .
    Both VCD player & the speaker have the same type of connectors but VCD players also have many Other connectors.
    Below the VCD player connector iT iS written "IMPEDANCE 8-16ohms".
    iF u want to see the image u can check the speaker model no & check iTs connector
  8. The connectors on the speakers are not the RCA type .
    Both VCD player & the speaker have the same type of connectors but VCD players also have many Other connectors.
    Below the VCD player connector iT iS written "IMPEDANCE 8-16ohms".
    iF u want to see the image u can check the speaker model no & check iTs connector
  9. eh??? isnt he just talking abotu a simple speaker wire?
  10. Can anyOne PlS gimme a Solution ????
Ask a new question

Read More

Sony Speakers Computers Connection Audio