opinions on austin powers

Chuck

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2001

I was interested in buying one so i download the virtual pinball prog,
the sound annoyed the hell out of me. So much so I had to interest.

Scott

If you like the movies then you "may" like the game. The background
sound can get annoying. Mini-Me spinner sometimes has problems. Not
the most popular pin so the price continues to drop every year - just
under $2K now.

Pretty neat toys IF you like the movies. The artwork is all Adobe
Photoshop so IF you like the movies than that will probably be OK for
you.

Would I have one in my lineup - perhaps, as a novelty for people coming
over to play, BUT I wouldn't want it to be my ONLY game as that
soundtrack would drive me CRAZY.

If you buy a used one then you will DEFINATELY have to rebuild the
flippers!!

NOTE: The center magnet shot looks and works alot like the Ring Shot
in LOTR.

It's basically a clone of AFM, or any of the standard "fan" lay outs
that have come after. So if you get a "poor man's" AFM for a "poor
man's" price you've done all right. Just don't pay too much. They only
sold a few of them, 700 according to Mr. Pinball, which when when you
consider the popularity of the theme at the time, should tell you
something. With so few made you'd think the price would hold up better.
JR.

MacMan

Distinguished
Oct 26, 2004

In article <HcEye.2997$x82.1099@fe03.lga>, "bryan" <broth@charter.net>
wrote:

> I was wondering what you think of this one and what you have been seeing
> them go for. Thanks Bryan

I played one once... that was enough. The sound is as annoying as hell -
this was in a hotel where the sound is usually turned all the way down,
but this wasn't... lucky me! And it just never stopped for another sound
bite, that do-do theme just keeps running on an endless loop.

But past that... I just found it boring. I think the movies are good,
but I'm no fan, once is enough.

If the theory that we all get our own personal hell... this will be
mine... but at least I'll have company because standing next to me will
be Aaron with a Popeye!

For God's sake play it first!!!! If you still like it after 3 games...
it's over to you!

Cheers
MacMan

TRENDING THREADS