Intel Application Accelerator

Ummm - for some reason the Intel Application accelerator won't install. It says it's not compatibile or something. I tried version 2.3, 3.0, and the one on the cd. I just got the Asus p4p800 deluxe motherboard.

Does anyone have any idea why?

"Bread makes me poop!" - Special Ed

<A HREF="http://www.anandtech.com/mysystemrig.html?id=9933" target="_new"> My Rig </A>

oh well - nevermind!

"Can't install Intel Application Accelerator driver on P4P800

Problem While installing Intel Application Accelerator driver for WinXP from driver CD that came with my P4P800, a Window showing "Incompatible hardware. This software is not supported on this chipset." pops up on the display. What did I do wrong?
Answer
Intel Application Accelerator driver is used to boost the performance of RAID 0 function of the ICH5R south bridge on P4P800. To install Intel Application Accelerator driver, it is required to configure two SATA HDDs as one RAID drive (known as RAID 0) in advance. If no RAID 0 drive is present on SATA connectors, there is no need to install or use Intel Application Accelerator driver. "

"Bread makes me poop!" - Special Ed

<A HREF="http://www.anandtech.com/mysystemrig.html?id=9933" target="_new"> My Rig </A>

G

What a pity man.

This software gets you to the acoustic management system used by the newer HD's, mainly ata100's. Mine worked with both my seagate 80GB, 2MB and 8MB cache drives, got them set on noisy for best thrashing performance. I used task manager and i benched the defrag in background running on
1~5% cpu usage, pretty good huh!

Even DOS windowed "defragment drive: /f" runs near zero, with HD light stuck impulsively on.

Once set the Intel tool was removed from system. Not sure but I'm assuming the seagates have a bit flag onboard for these settings, like my old ata66 22GB IBM drive, where you can disable the modes.

Yeah man.<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by wired_geek on 06/07/03 08:49 PM.</EM></FONT></P>