Rob

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

I am trying to install the Cisco VPN client and I keep getting the following
error message :

"Cisco Systems VPN Client is not compatible with Microsoft's Internet
Connection Sharing for Windows XP. Internet Connection Sharing must be
uninstalled before the VPN client can be installed."

I have removed the whole "networking services" windows component using add
and remove software in control panel, but I still get the same error message.
ICS is disable in all my network connections.

Does anyone know why I still cannot install the VPN client?

Uninstalling and disabling are two different things. Uninstall ICS the
correct way.

"rob" <rob@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am trying to install the Cisco VPN client and I keep getting the
>following
> error message :
>
> "Cisco Systems VPN Client is not compatible with Microsoft's Internet
> Connection Sharing for Windows XP. Internet Connection Sharing must be
> uninstalled before the VPN client can be installed."
>
> I have removed the whole "networking services" windows component using add
> and remove software in control panel, but I still get the same error
> message.
> ICS is disable in all my network connections.
>
> Does anyone know why I still cannot install the VPN client?

Hi Rob,

The following article tells you how to install ICS. Read through it carefully and and you will
easily figure out how to disable ICS.

How to enable Internet Connection Sharing on a home or a small office network connection in Windows
XP
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;314066

--

Anando
Microsoft MVP- Windows Shell/User

Folder customizations
http://newdelhi.sancharnet.in/minku

Protect your PC!
http://www.microsoft.com/protect

"rob" <rob@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am trying to install the Cisco VPN client and I keep getting the following
> error message :
>
> "Cisco Systems VPN Client is not compatible with Microsoft's Internet
> Connection Sharing for Windows XP. Internet Connection Sharing must be
> uninstalled before the VPN client can be installed."
>
> I have removed the whole "networking services" windows component using add
> and remove software in control panel, but I still get the same error message.
> ICS is disable in all my network connections.
>
> Does anyone know why I still cannot install the VPN client?

Sorry, this will make things even easier for you:

How to Disable Internet Connection Sharing