Replace hard drive in a Presario 2700T laptop?

I did some searching of the 'net and Google and read the FAQ here in the
group, but so far have been unable to find any mention of my topic. I have
a Compaq Presario 2700T laptop with a 20GB hard drive in it and I'd like to
know if it's possible to replace the hard drive with something bigger. Any
help or pointers in the right direction will be appreciated. Thanks!

Dave
US Army Signal Corps!!

http://www.geocities.com/davidcasey98

Remove IH8SPAM to reply by email!

On Sat, 12 Feb 2005 07:30:25 GMT, David Casey wrote:

> I did some searching of the 'net and Google and read the FAQ here in the
> group, but so far have been unable to find any mention of my topic. I have
> a Compaq Presario 2700T laptop with a 20GB hard drive in it and I'd like to
> know if it's possible to replace the hard drive with something bigger. Any
> help or pointers in the right direction will be appreciated. Thanks!

I must be the last 2700 owner. :-(

Dave
US Army Signal Corps!!

http://www.geocities.com/davidcasey98

Remove IH8SPAM to reply by email!

I've upgraded the drive in my 2800T a couple of times, no problem. Toshiba
once warned me it might not work without a special Compaq version of their
drive, but I haven't found that to be true. I'm now using a Hitachi/IBM
Travelstar (7200rpm), which is much nicer than the Toshiba. Just remove any
jumpers from a new bare drive before installing. This is generally the
correct configuration for the master drive.

Josh

David Casey <sgtcasey@IH8SPAMcableone.net> wrote in