Just keeps getting worse

If Carly is the one who put the new tech support system in place they should
be taking money back from her. Gateway, Dell, & others have lifetime phone
support and when I called HP about my 15 month old laptop they wanted $40.00
just to talk to me and suggested I spend $269.00 to replace my battery!!

Joan

"David Kinsell" <kinsell@poboxyz.com> wrote in message
> CNN is now reporting the widely quoted $21 million going-away present
> for Carly is only half of what she's likely to get:
>
> http://money.cnn.com/2005/02/12/news/newsmakers/fiorina_severance/index.htm?cnn=yes
>
> Sounds like it's time for some serious house-cleaning at the old BOD.

That phone call you made probably got picked up in India. Ironically,
Carly was being celebrated there as a visionary world leader, just as
she was getting whacked:

http://in.rediff.com/money/2005/feb/10carly.htm

Joan Quinn wrote:
> If Carly is the one who put the new tech support system in place they should
> be taking money back from her. Gateway, Dell, & others have lifetime phone
> support and when I called HP about my 15 month old laptop they wanted $40.00
> just to talk to me and suggested I spend $269.00 to replace my battery!!
>
> Joan
>
> "David Kinsell" <kinsell@poboxyz.com> wrote in message
>
>>CNN is now reporting the widely quoted $21 million going-away present
>>for Carly is only half of what she's likely to get:
>>
>>http://money.cnn.com/2005/02/12/news/newsmakers/fiorina_severance/index.htm?cnn=yes
>>
>>Sounds like it's time for some serious house-cleaning at the old BOD.

Yes, it was India or somewhere like that. I must have said "what" ten times
in a two minute conversation.

I bought a Sandisk MP3 player and got English speaking support and an email
follow-up so I could ask more questions, keep my case open, or close it. I
will be looking to them for memory sticks, etc. in the future.

> That phone call you made probably got picked up in India. Ironically,
> Carly was being celebrated there as a visionary world leader, just as
> she was getting whacked:
>
> http://in.rediff.com/money/2005/feb/10carly.htm
>

> Joan Quinn wrote:
>> If Carly is the one who put the new tech support system in place they
>> should be taking money back from her. Gateway, Dell, & others have
>> lifetime phone support and when I called HP about my 15 month old laptop
>> they wanted $40.00 just to talk to me and suggested I spend $269.00 to
>> replace my battery!!
>>
>> Joan
>>
>> "David Kinsell" <kinsell@poboxyz.com> wrote in message
>>
>>>CNN is now reporting the widely quoted $21 million going-away present
>>>for Carly is only half of what she's likely to get:
>>>
>>>http://money.cnn.com/2005/02/12/news/newsmakers/fiorina_severance/index.htm?cnn=yes
>>>
>>>Sounds like it's time for some serious house-cleaning at the old BOD.

Omigod...I should tell you about my HP India Support Desk saga...what a
nightmare. Of course, with a good pair of binoculars I could probably
*see* the HP repair depot in Fremont, CA from my home in Redwood
Shores. They lost my computer twice with Fedex's help and the support
call process was unbelievable. I've built help desks from scratch and
this was by far the most overwrought, difficult, and unprofessional
I've dealt with.

Once I went to corporate things got a bit better, but still they have
no idea what they are doing. Any reasonably sane person could design a
better, tighter process.

Yea, quite a time I had trying to get some Windows XP recovery disks
=D!

It took being redirected twice to finally get the right people, and a
solid several minutes of being on hold while they went to check their
other database.

Good music though eh?

Oh, I spent a total of about 6 hours on the phone on this fiasco.