Enable Copy/Paste on PDF file

Hi

A client who has a pdf file running on Windows XP pro SP2. The option of
"Select all", "Copy" and "Paste" are disabled, enrypted.

Is there anyone who knows any way to enable or decrypt it ?

Many thanks

Best
11 answers Last reply
More about enable copy paste file

    Have you tried re-installing your PDF reader?

    --

    Harry Ohrn MS-MVP [Shell/User]
    www.webtree.ca/windowsxp

    <best@news.postalias> wrote in message
    > Hi
    >
    > A client who has a pdf file running on Windows XP pro SP2. The option of
    > "Select all", "Copy" and "Paste" are disabled, enrypted.
    >
    > Is there anyone who knows any way to enable or decrypt it ?
    >
    > Many thanks
    >
    > Best

    You'll neeed to purchase Adobe Acrobat as the free Adobe Reader
    is used strictly for reading .pdf documents.
    http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobatstd/main.html

    --
    Carey Frisch
    Microsoft MVP

    "Best" wrote:

    | Hi
    |
    | A client who has a pdf file running on Windows XP pro SP2. The option of
    | "Select all", "Copy" and "Paste" are disabled, enrypted.
    |
    | Is there anyone who knows any way to enable or decrypt it ?
    |
    | Many thanks
    |
    | Best

    I don't understand the answer. I have Adobe Reader 7.0, and have no
    problem. Simply right click and you'll see the options.
    Humpty

    > You'll neeed to purchase Adobe Acrobat as the free Adobe Reader
    > is used strictly for reading .pdf documents.
    > http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobatstd/main.html
    >
    > --
    > Carey Frisch
    > Microsoft MVP
    > Windows XP - Shell/User
    > Microsoft Newsgroups

    > "Best" wrote:
    >
    > | Hi
    > |
    > | A client who has a pdf file running on Windows XP pro SP2. The option
    > of
    > | "Select all", "Copy" and "Paste" are disabled, enrypted.
    > |
    > | Is there anyone who knows any way to enable or decrypt it ?
    > |
    > | Many thanks
    > |
    > | Best

    Authors of pdfs can make them so you can only read not copy (or print).

    "Humpty Dumpty" <sorry@antispam.net> wrote in message news:uCdWYDApFHA.1480@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
    >I don't understand the answer. I have Adobe Reader 7.0, and have no
    > problem. Simply right click and you'll see the options.
    > Humpty

    >> You'll neeed to purchase Adobe Acrobat as the free Adobe Reader
    >> is used strictly for reading .pdf documents.
    >> http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobatstd/main.html
    >>
    >> --
    >> Carey Frisch
    >> Microsoft MVP
    >> Windows XP - Shell/User
    >> Microsoft Newsgroups

    >> "Best" wrote:
    >>
    >> | Hi
    >> |
    >> | A client who has a pdf file running on Windows XP pro SP2. The option
    >> of
    >> | "Select all", "Copy" and "Paste" are disabled, enrypted.
    >> |
    >> | Is there anyone who knows any way to enable or decrypt it ?
    >> |
    >> | Many thanks
    >> |
    >> | Best

    Hi Best,

    Thanks for posting here. Also thanks for all guys' replies.

    From your post, my understanding of this issue is: A client who has a pdf
    file running on Windows XP Pro SP2, and the option of "Select all", "Copy"
    and "Paste" are disabled, enrypted in Adobe Reader (Acrobat). If this is
    not correct, please feel free to let me know.

    Please understand, Adobe Reader (Acrobat) is not Microsoft's product, so I
    think it might be better if you contact Adobe for further support. You may
    visit:

    http://www.adobe.com/support/main.html

    However, based on my experience, I aggre with David, some of PDF files are
    encrypted by the authors who can prevent readers from copying or modifying.
    You may not decrypt them at all.

    Hope this helps!

    Have a nice day!

    Sincerely,
    Tom Che
    Microsoft Online Partner Support

    --------------------
    >From: "=?Utf-8?B?YmVzdEBuZXdzLnBvc3RhbGlhcw==?=" <best@news.postalias>
    >Subject: Enable Copy/Paste on PDF file
    >Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2005 06:21:02 -0700
    >Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general
    >
    >Hi
    >
    >A client who has a pdf file running on Windows XP pro SP2. The option of
    >"Select all", "Copy" and "Paste" are disabled, enrypted.
    >
    >Is there anyone who knows any way to enable or decrypt it ?
    >
    >Many thanks
    >
    >Best

    I don't understand your answer, sir. I have Adobe Reader 7.0. A right click
    opens the options "select all" "copy" and. if applicable, "paste". Ad of
    course it also possible to select and copy selectively.
    Juan

    > You'll neeed to purchase Adobe Acrobat as the free Adobe Reader
    > is used strictly for reading .pdf documents.
    > http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobatstd/main.html
    >
    > --
    > Carey Frisch
    > Microsoft MVP
    > Windows XP - Shell/User
    > Microsoft Newsgroups

    > "Best" wrote:
    >
    > | Hi
    > |
    > | A client who has a pdf file running on Windows XP pro SP2. The option
    > of
    > | "Select all", "Copy" and "Paste" are disabled, enrypted.
    > |
    > | Is there anyone who knows any way to enable or decrypt it ?
    > |
    > | Many thanks
    > |
    > | Best

    Well you are incredibly stupid then.

    "Humpty Dumpty" <sorry@antispam.net> wrote in message news:e34vO8JpFHA.3516@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
    >I don't understand your answer, sir. I have Adobe Reader 7.0. A right click
    > opens the options "select all" "copy" and. if applicable, "paste". Ad of
    > course it also possible to select and copy selectively.
    > Juan

    >> You'll neeed to purchase Adobe Acrobat as the free Adobe Reader
    >> is used strictly for reading .pdf documents.
    >> http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobatstd/main.html
    >>
    >> --
    >> Carey Frisch
    >> Microsoft MVP
    >> Windows XP - Shell/User
    >> Microsoft Newsgroups

    >> "Best" wrote:
    >>
    >> | Hi
    >> |
    >> | A client who has a pdf file running on Windows XP pro SP2. The option
    >> of
    >> | "Select all", "Copy" and "Paste" are disabled, enrypted.
    >> |
    >> | Is there anyone who knows any way to enable or decrypt it ?
    >> |
    >> | Many thanks
    >> |
    >> | Best

    After your answer I am still more stupid. See what you've done! If at least
    you'd care to explain to me in simple terms, even I could maybe understand.
    Humpty

    "David Candy" <.> wrote in message
    Well you are incredibly stupid then.

    "Humpty Dumpty" <sorry@antispam.net> wrote in message
    >I don't understand your answer, sir. I have Adobe Reader 7.0. A right click
    > opens the options "select all" "copy" and. if applicable, "paste". Ad of
    > course it also possible to select and copy selectively.
    > Juan

    >> You'll neeed to purchase Adobe Acrobat as the free Adobe Reader
    >> is used strictly for reading .pdf documents.
    >> http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobatstd/main.html
    >>
    >> --
    >> Carey Frisch
    >> Microsoft MVP
    >> Windows XP - Shell/User
    >> Microsoft Newsgroups

    >> "Best" wrote:
    >>
    >> | Hi
    >> |
    >> | A client who has a pdf file running on Windows XP pro SP2. The option
    >> of
    >> | "Select all", "Copy" and "Paste" are disabled, enrypted.
    >> |
    >> | Is there anyone who knows any way to enable or decrypt it ?
    >> |
    >> | Many thanks
    >> |
    >> | Best

    The person who made that PDF said you can't copy it. So, you can't copy it.

    "Humpty Dumpty" <sorry@antispam.net> wrote in message news:%23SpjhgLpFHA.3684@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
    > After your answer I am still more stupid. See what you've done! If at least
    > you'd care to explain to me in simple terms, even I could maybe understand.
    > Humpty
    >
    > "David Candy" <.> wrote in message
    > Well you are incredibly stupid then.

    > "Humpty Dumpty" <sorry@antispam.net> wrote in message
    >>I don't understand your answer, sir. I have Adobe Reader 7.0. A right click
    >> opens the options "select all" "copy" and. if applicable, "paste". Ad of
    >> course it also possible to select and copy selectively.
    >> Juan
    >>
    >> "Carey Frisch [MVP]" <cnfrisch@nospamgmail.com> wrote in message
    >>> You'll neeed to purchase Adobe Acrobat as the free Adobe Reader
    >>> is used strictly for reading .pdf documents.
    >>> http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobatstd/main.html
    >>>
    >>> --
    >>> Carey Frisch
    >>> Microsoft MVP
    >>> Windows XP - Shell/User
    >>> Microsoft Newsgroups
    >>>
    >>> -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    >>> of

    Look on File menu - Document Security.

    "David Candy" <.> wrote in message news:%23Ju7r0LpFHA.3828@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
    The person who made that PDF said you can't copy it. So, you can't copy it.

    "Humpty Dumpty" <sorry@antispam.net> wrote in message news:%23SpjhgLpFHA.3684@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
    > After your answer I am still more stupid. See what you've done! If at least
    > you'd care to explain to me in simple terms, even I could maybe understand.
    > Humpty
    >
    > "David Candy" <.> wrote in message
    > Well you are incredibly stupid then.

    > "Humpty Dumpty" <sorry@antispam.net> wrote in message
    >>I don't understand your answer, sir. I have Adobe Reader 7.0. A right click
    >> opens the options "select all" "copy" and. if applicable, "paste". Ad of
    >> course it also possible to select and copy selectively.
    >> Juan
    >>
    >> "Carey Frisch [MVP]" <cnfrisch@nospamgmail.com> wrote in message
    >>> You'll neeed to purchase Adobe Acrobat as the free Adobe Reader
    >>> is used strictly for reading .pdf documents.
    >>> http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobatstd/main.html
    >>>
    >>> --
    >>> Carey Frisch
    >>> Microsoft MVP