Best

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2004

Hi

A client who has a pdf file running on Windows XP pro SP2. The option of
"Select all", "Copy" and "Paste" are disabled, enrypted.

Is there anyone who knows any way to enable or decrypt it ?

Many thanks

Best

Have you tried re-installing your PDF reader?

--

Harry Ohrn MS-MVP [Shell/User]
www.webtree.ca/windowsxp

<best@news.postalias> wrote in message
> Hi
>
> A client who has a pdf file running on Windows XP pro SP2. The option of
> "Select all", "Copy" and "Paste" are disabled, enrypted.
>
> Is there anyone who knows any way to enable or decrypt it ?
>
> Many thanks
>
> Best

You'll neeed to purchase Adobe Acrobat as the free Adobe Reader
is used strictly for reading .pdf documents.
http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobatstd/main.html

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

"Best" wrote:

| Hi
|
| A client who has a pdf file running on Windows XP pro SP2. The option of
| "Select all", "Copy" and "Paste" are disabled, enrypted.
|
| Is there anyone who knows any way to enable or decrypt it ?
|
| Many thanks
|
| Best

I don't understand the answer. I have Adobe Reader 7.0, and have no
problem. Simply right click and you'll see the options.
Humpty

> You'll neeed to purchase Adobe Acrobat as the free Adobe Reader
> is used strictly for reading .pdf documents.
> http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobatstd/main.html
>
> --
> Carey Frisch
> Microsoft MVP
> Windows XP - Shell/User
> Microsoft Newsgroups

> "Best" wrote:
>
> | Hi
> |
> | A client who has a pdf file running on Windows XP pro SP2. The option
> of
> | "Select all", "Copy" and "Paste" are disabled, enrypted.
> |
> | Is there anyone who knows any way to enable or decrypt it ?
> |
> | Many thanks
> |
> | Best

Authors of pdfs can make them so you can only read not copy (or print).

"Humpty Dumpty" <sorry@antispam.net> wrote in message news:uCdWYDApFHA.1480@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
>I don't understand the answer. I have Adobe Reader 7.0, and have no
> problem. Simply right click and you'll see the options.
> Humpty

>> You'll neeed to purchase Adobe Acrobat as the free Adobe Reader
>> is used strictly for reading .pdf documents.
>> http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobatstd/main.html
>>
>> --
>> Carey Frisch
>> Microsoft MVP
>> Windows XP - Shell/User
>> Microsoft Newsgroups

>> "Best" wrote:
>>
>> | Hi
>> |
>> | A client who has a pdf file running on Windows XP pro SP2. The option
>> of
>> | "Select all", "Copy" and "Paste" are disabled, enrypted.
>> |
>> | Is there anyone who knows any way to enable or decrypt it ?
>> |
>> | Many thanks
>> |
>> | Best

Hi Best,

Thanks for posting here. Also thanks for all guys' replies.

From your post, my understanding of this issue is: A client who has a pdf
file running on Windows XP Pro SP2, and the option of "Select all", "Copy"
and "Paste" are disabled, enrypted in Adobe Reader (Acrobat). If this is
not correct, please feel free to let me know.

Please understand, Adobe Reader (Acrobat) is not Microsoft's product, so I
think it might be better if you contact Adobe for further support. You may
visit:

http://www.adobe.com/support/main.html

However, based on my experience, I aggre with David, some of PDF files are
encrypted by the authors who can prevent readers from copying or modifying.
You may not decrypt them at all.

Hope this helps!

Have a nice day!

Sincerely,
Tom Che
Microsoft Online Partner Support

--------------------
>From: "=?Utf-8?B?YmVzdEBuZXdzLnBvc3RhbGlhcw==?=" <best@news.postalias>
>Subject: Enable Copy/Paste on PDF file
>Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2005 06:21:02 -0700
>Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general
>
>Hi
>
>A client who has a pdf file running on Windows XP pro SP2. The option of
>"Select all", "Copy" and "Paste" are disabled, enrypted.
>
>Is there anyone who knows any way to enable or decrypt it ?
>
>Many thanks
>
>Best

I don't understand your answer, sir. I have Adobe Reader 7.0. A right click
opens the options "select all" "copy" and. if applicable, "paste". Ad of
course it also possible to select and copy selectively.
Juan

> You'll neeed to purchase Adobe Acrobat as the free Adobe Reader
> is used strictly for reading .pdf documents.
> http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobatstd/main.html
>
> --
> Carey Frisch
> Microsoft MVP
> Windows XP - Shell/User
> Microsoft Newsgroups

> "Best" wrote:
>
> | Hi
> |
> | A client who has a pdf file running on Windows XP pro SP2. The option
> of
> | "Select all", "Copy" and "Paste" are disabled, enrypted.
> |
> | Is there anyone who knows any way to enable or decrypt it ?
> |
> | Many thanks
> |
> | Best

Well you are incredibly stupid then.

"Humpty Dumpty" <sorry@antispam.net> wrote in message news:e34vO8JpFHA.3516@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
>I don't understand your answer, sir. I have Adobe Reader 7.0. A right click
> opens the options "select all" "copy" and. if applicable, "paste". Ad of
> course it also possible to select and copy selectively.
> Juan

>> You'll neeed to purchase Adobe Acrobat as the free Adobe Reader
>> is used strictly for reading .pdf documents.
>> http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobatstd/main.html
>>
>> --
>> Carey Frisch
>> Microsoft MVP
>> Windows XP - Shell/User
>> Microsoft Newsgroups

>> "Best" wrote:
>>
>> | Hi
>> |
>> | A client who has a pdf file running on Windows XP pro SP2. The option
>> of
>> | "Select all", "Copy" and "Paste" are disabled, enrypted.
>> |
>> | Is there anyone who knows any way to enable or decrypt it ?
>> |
>> | Many thanks
>> |
>> | Best

After your answer I am still more stupid. See what you've done! If at least
you'd care to explain to me in simple terms, even I could maybe understand.
Humpty

"David Candy" <.> wrote in message
Well you are incredibly stupid then.

"Humpty Dumpty" <sorry@antispam.net> wrote in message
>I don't understand your answer, sir. I have Adobe Reader 7.0. A right click
> opens the options "select all" "copy" and. if applicable, "paste". Ad of
> course it also possible to select and copy selectively.
> Juan

>> You'll neeed to purchase Adobe Acrobat as the free Adobe Reader
>> is used strictly for reading .pdf documents.
>> http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobatstd/main.html
>>
>> --
>> Carey Frisch
>> Microsoft MVP
>> Windows XP - Shell/User
>> Microsoft Newsgroups

>> "Best" wrote:
>>
>> | Hi
>> |
>> | A client who has a pdf file running on Windows XP pro SP2. The option
>> of
>> | "Select all", "Copy" and "Paste" are disabled, enrypted.
>> |
>> | Is there anyone who knows any way to enable or decrypt it ?
>> |
>> | Many thanks
>> |
>> | Best

The person who made that PDF said you can't copy it. So, you can't copy it.

"Humpty Dumpty" <sorry@antispam.net> wrote in message news:%23SpjhgLpFHA.3684@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
> After your answer I am still more stupid. See what you've done! If at least
> you'd care to explain to me in simple terms, even I could maybe understand.
> Humpty
>
> "David Candy" <.> wrote in message
> Well you are incredibly stupid then.

> "Humpty Dumpty" <sorry@antispam.net> wrote in message
>>I don't understand your answer, sir. I have Adobe Reader 7.0. A right click
>> opens the options "select all" "copy" and. if applicable, "paste". Ad of
>> course it also possible to select and copy selectively.
>> Juan
>>
>> "Carey Frisch [MVP]" <cnfrisch@nospamgmail.com> wrote in message
>>> You'll neeed to purchase Adobe Acrobat as the free Adobe Reader
>>> is used strictly for reading .pdf documents.
>>> http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobatstd/main.html
>>>
>>> --
>>> Carey Frisch
>>> Microsoft MVP