MS stops networks with Security updates

I have XP Pro on my office network of 2 PC's. Every time MS does a security
update, both PC, can see each other, and share the printer, but access to
shared folders gets blocks.
MS this sux, I wish you checked your stuff more before dumping it out, not
all of us work through one of your "exchange servers"!

Malke

"JET" <lifehelth at comcast dot net> wrote:

> I have XP Pro on my office network of 2 PC's. Every time MS does a
> security update, both PC, can see each other, and share the printer,
> but access to shared folders gets blocks.
> MS this sux, I wish you checked your stuff more before dumping it out,
> not all of us work through one of your "exchange servers"!

1. You aren't talking to Microsoft. This is a public newsgroup hosted on
Microsoft servers. While some MS employees do pop in now and then, the
majority of regular posters answering questions are volunteer helpers
and do not work for MS.

2. If you would give us some information about the computers involved
and how your network is set up, we might be able to help you. I haven't
seen any problems on my network or any of my clients' networks from
Windows updates in a long time.

3. I'm not sure what you mean by "exchange servers". An exchange server
is a machine that resides on your own domain providing certain services
to the domain such as being a mail server.

Malke
--
Elephant Boy Computers
www.elephantboycomputers.com