question about pinball in movies/tv etc

I was wondering why when pinballs are in movies their title is often
changed or covered up. You wouldnt think they would need permission to
show the title etc. Thanks! jr

I would think the opposite. Everything you see in a movie may come back
later to haunt the company that made it. So it's best to get permission or
change the title. LTG :)