Remote desktop

August 18, 2005 11:19:02 AM

Lately some users have been experiencing a problem connecting to the remote
desktop from home. The users connect to the vpn fine and then when they try
to connect to their computer via remote desktop, sometimes they connect but
other times they get an error of too many connections. This seems to be
totally intermitent and is not happening to everyone. The machines are all
windows xp pro sp2 with all the updates installed. Any ideas?

Kevin

More about : remote desktop

Anonymous
August 18, 2005 4:01:21 PM

Remote Desktop in XP Pro is only licensed for one user at a time. If the
users do not "Log Off", then the XP still thinks the user is logged on and
will not accept any newer connections. The users need to "Log off"
correctly.

"Kevin" <Kevin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Lately some users have been experiencing a problem connecting to the
> remote
> desktop from home. The users connect to the vpn fine and then when they
> try
> to connect to their computer via remote desktop, sometimes they connect
> but
> other times they get an error of too many connections. This seems to be
> totally intermitent and is not happening to everyone. The machines are
> all
> windows xp pro sp2 with all the updates installed. Any ideas?
>
> Kevin
Anonymous
August 18, 2005 4:01:22 PM

I understand that but this doesn't happen to everyone. On my computer for
instance, all I do when I leave for the day is lock the computer by pressing
ctrl+alt+del and then turn the monitor off. I never have a problem
connecting.

"Yves Leclerc" wrote:

> Remote Desktop in XP Pro is only licensed for one user at a time. If the
> users do not "Log Off", then the XP still thinks the user is logged on and
> will not accept any newer connections. The users need to "Log off"
> correctly.
>

> "Kevin" <Kevin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Lately some users have been experiencing a problem connecting to the
> > remote
> > desktop from home. The users connect to the vpn fine and then when they
> > try
> > to connect to their computer via remote desktop, sometimes they connect
> > but
> > other times they get an error of too many connections. This seems to be
> > totally intermitent and is not happening to everyone. The machines are
> > all
> > windows xp pro sp2 with all the updates installed. Any ideas?
> >
> > Kevin

August 19, 2005 2:15:01 AM

If you've connected to your computer via remote desktop before and the
connection was not terminated propery which means the connection wass timed
out or other cases, you may or may not login to remote computer via remote
desktop until the ghost connection has been disconnected from remote conputer.

"Kevin" wrote:

> I understand that but this doesn't happen to everyone. On my computer for
> instance, all I do when I leave for the day is lock the computer by pressing
> ctrl+alt+del and then turn the monitor off. I never have a problem
> connecting.
>
> "Yves Leclerc" wrote:
>
> > Remote Desktop in XP Pro is only licensed for one user at a time. If the
> > users do not "Log Off", then the XP still thinks the user is logged on and
> > will not accept any newer connections. The users need to "Log off"
> > correctly.
> >

> > "Kevin" <Kevin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > Lately some users have been experiencing a problem connecting to the
> > > remote
> > > desktop from home. The users connect to the vpn fine and then when they
> > > try
> > > to connect to their computer via remote desktop, sometimes they connect
> > > but
> > > other times they get an error of too many connections. This seems to be
> > > totally intermitent and is not happening to everyone. The machines are
> > > all
> > > windows xp pro sp2 with all the updates installed. Any ideas?
> > >
> > > Kevin

Anonymous
August 19, 2005 10:13:01 AM

Is there a way to set an idle session limit or a way to end a disconnected
session?

"Cindy" wrote:

> If you've connected to your computer via remote desktop before and the
> connection was not terminated propery which means the connection wass timed
> out or other cases, you may or may not login to remote computer via remote
> desktop until the ghost connection has been disconnected from remote conputer.
>
> "Kevin" wrote:
>
> > I understand that but this doesn't happen to everyone. On my computer for
> > instance, all I do when I leave for the day is lock the computer by pressing
> > ctrl+alt+del and then turn the monitor off. I never have a problem
> > connecting.
> >
> > "Yves Leclerc" wrote:
> >
> > > Remote Desktop in XP Pro is only licensed for one user at a time. If the
> > > users do not "Log Off", then the XP still thinks the user is logged on and
> > > will not accept any newer connections. The users need to "Log off"
> > > correctly.
> > >

> > > "Kevin" <Kevin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Anonymous
August 24, 2005 11:06:03 AM

Can someone help me please. I need to get this resolved.

!