Sign in with
Your question

Headphones work but mic won't?

Last response: in Home Audio
December 9, 2010 1:45:31 AM

My roommate's computer is leaving us both stumped. He has a set of headphones (a $25 pair from Best Buy), and they have a mic attached to them. His case is a rosewill Destroyer case so it has a mic/headphone jack on the front panel, but his mic won't work no matter where it is connected. He can crank the mic level to 100 and he's lucky to get 2 bars on the sound test page. It's impossible to hear him from my end, what suggestions do you have to fix this?

More about : headphones work mic

April 20, 2011 12:06:45 AM

whoisme555 said:
My roommate's computer is leaving us both stumped. He has a set of headphones (a $25 pair from Best Buy), and they have a mic attached to them. His case is a rosewill Destroyer case so it has a mic/headphone jack on the front panel, but his mic won't work no matter where it is connected. He can crank the mic level to 100 and he's lucky to get 2 bars on the sound test page. It's impossible to hear him from my end, what suggestions do you have to fix this?

hey lots of people including me with this problem whats his motherboard and did you ever figure it out I have asus maximus iv extreme exact same problem... thx.
m
l
April 20, 2011 12:36:20 PM

First, does the headset/mike combination work on another computer?

Second, do the back i/o panel jacks work?
m
l
April 22, 2011 9:22:04 PM

d2nwo said:
hey lots of people including me with this problem whats his motherboard and did you ever figure it out I have asus maximus iv extreme exact same problem... thx.

Can't remember his mobo. I have mine memorized and I should have his memorized considering I built it. It's a micro mobo, that's all I remember. His mic works on my computer but not on his. His solution ended up being buying a logitech webcam that connects through USB. That works fine but he has to have his headphones on to avoid background noise, of course.

Jsc- yes his mic works on my computer, and the back i/o panel also doesn't work
m
l
!