Pentium II (that's right.. 2... haha) overclock

Didleed00

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2003
I have an old pentium 2 comp that i want to put to good use, but it's one of the later models that came at 400 mhz, which to my knowledge, have locked multipliers. Does anyone know how I can unlock these multipliers to achieve a better overclock? Right now I'm overclocking the FSB to get an o/c, but it puts too much stress on everything else while it doesn't achieve the full overclock a p2 can take.

Thanks in advance

khha4113

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Does anyone know how I can unlock these multipliers to achieve a better overclock?
If it's locked, there is no way you can unlock its multiplier.

:smile: Good or Bad have no meaning at all, depends on what your point of view is.

Didleed00

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2003
Hmmm... that sucks. Well, I have another question then... I'm using softFSB to overclock my P2, which is a software. My motherboard has jumpers though, which can also set the FSB speed. Which one is better to use?

Thanks for the reply

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Use the ones on the board. What board do you have?

Your PII should do 533MHz at 133MHz bus. Most boards like yours will support the 133MHz bus while keeping the PCI bus at stock speed. As long as your using PC133 memory, you should be fine.

If you have a BX chipset, it will run the AGP overclocked at 89MHz with a 133MHz front side bus. This is easily tolerated by most grapics cards, but there are a few that won't like it.

You may have to raise your core voltage. Also, some boards offer multiple 133 bus settings, with either 44MHz PCI or 33MHz PCI. 33 is the correct one. Others offer a manual PCI divider, which should be set at 1/4 CPU bus, aka CPU/4.

<font color=blue>Watts mean squat if you don't have quality!</font color=blue>