kb899588 causes maxtor one-touch to not work (usb drive)

I installed the patch last night on my windows xp service pack one machine.
Plugging in the drive causes the icon to appear in the system tray, but there
is no drive letter assigned to the drive and going in to explorer shows the
drive "locked". Any ideas on how to fix this?? I've looked at add/remove, but
this patch is not listed.

Joe
1 answer Last reply
More about kb899588 maxtor touch work drive

    Found the unistall. Will have to see if I really need this for SP1 and if
    others are having problems with usb devices.

    Joe

    On Thu, 18 Aug 2005 08:18:47 -0700, Joe Hill <georgecostanz50@hotmail.com>
    wrote:

    >I installed the patch last night on my windows xp service pack one machine.
    >Plugging in the drive causes the icon to appear in the system tray, but there
    >is no drive letter assigned to the drive and going in to explorer shows the
    >drive "locked". Any ideas on how to fix this?? I've looked at add/remove, but
    >this patch is not listed.
    >
    >Joe

USB Drive Maxtor Windows XP