kb899588 causes maxtor one-touch to not work (usb drive)

Tags:
  • USB Drive
  • Maxtor
  • Windows XP
August 18, 2005 12:18:47 PM

I installed the patch last night on my windows xp service pack one machine.
Plugging in the drive causes the icon to appear in the system tray, but there
is no drive letter assigned to the drive and going in to explorer shows the
drive "locked". Any ideas on how to fix this?? I've looked at add/remove, but
this patch is not listed.

Joe

More about : kb899588 maxtor touch work usb drive

Anonymous
August 18, 2005 12:34:28 PM

Found the unistall. Will have to see if I really need this for SP1 and if
others are having problems with usb devices.

Joe

!