Distinguished
Jun 8, 2003
System Specs:

Proc: AMD Barton 2800
Ram : Kingston 512 @ 333, and Corsair 512 @ 333
Vid card: Radeon 9700
Win Ver:XP
sound : SB Audigy

Recently my friend has been experiencing crashes and restarts when playing Rise of Nations and Warcraft III. I read through this forum and saw a suggestion that 1) it might be the power supply causing the restart and 2)it might be the ram (the post suggested switching the ram around). So he switched the ram around and then he got a memory error (if it helps, i can post the exact error when he gets off of work). Now his motherboard runs dual channel, so he was running them in slots 1 and 3, but then he tried running them in slot 1 and 2 and hasnt had a problem yet (he only played 30 mins).

Thanks for any advice

Onslaught

Thanks,

Onslaught

recruit370

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2003
name the memory error i got something like that white box poped up after i reseted saying memory error and a bunch of script turned out if was my video card and i updated the driver to c3.4 and it fixed it

ALWAYS AIM LOW SO YOU CAN'T BE DISSAPOINTED

soulprovider

Distinguished
Apr 11, 2003
Download Memtest86 (memt86) which will make a bootable floppy to test your memory for errors.

<b>Vorsprung durch Dontwerk</b>.....<i>as they say at VIA</i>

lhgpoobaa

Illustrious
Dec 31, 2007
Two words for you my young man!
MEMTEST86
GOLDMEM

ge that ram tested

<font color=blue>Many modern games <b>must</b> be played multiplayer. And those you encounter online are, almost as a rule, <b>complete and utter cockmongers.</b></font color=blue> :frown: