Ctrl+Alt+Delete @ Logon

August 18, 2005 3:10:41 PM

I am trying to access my admin profile from the welcome screen, but when
pressing ctrl alt delete, it does nothing...I'm running XP PRO SP2....Any
idea's?

More about : ctrl alt delete logon

August 18, 2005 3:10:42 PM

Jacob Perkins wrote:

> I am trying to access my admin profile from the welcome screen, but
> when pressing ctrl alt delete, it does nothing...I'm running XP PRO
> SP2....Any idea's?

You have to use that key combination twice.

Malke
--
Elephant Boy Computers
www.elephantboycomputers.com

Okkkkk, I am pressing it twice, and I am on the welcome screen, lol....
> Jacob Perkins wrote:
>
>> I am trying to access my admin profile from the welcome screen, but
>> when pressing ctrl alt delete, it does nothing...I'm running XP PRO
>> SP2....Any idea's?
>
> You have to use that key combination twice.
>
> Malke
> --
> Elephant Boy Computers
> www.elephantboycomputers.com
> "Don't Panic!"
> MS-MVP Windows - Shell/User
August 18, 2005 4:27:18 PM

Jacob Perkins wrote:
> I am trying to access my admin profile from the welcome screen, but when
> pressing ctrl alt delete, it does nothing...I'm running XP PRO SP2....Any
> idea's?

You need to press CTL-ALT-DEL twice.
--
Tom Porterfield
MS-MVP Windows

August 18, 2005 4:27:19 PM

Yes, I am....

"Tom Porterfield" <tpporter@mvps.org> wrote in message
news:o ba10GBpFHA.3608@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
> Jacob Perkins wrote:
>> I am trying to access my admin profile from the welcome screen, but when
>> pressing ctrl alt delete, it does nothing...I'm running XP PRO SP2....Any
>> idea's?
>
> You need to press CTL-ALT-DEL twice.
> --
> Tom Porterfield
> MS-MVP Windows
> http://support.telop.org
>
> Please post all follow-ups to the newsgroup only.
August 18, 2005 4:27:20 PM

Hold Cltr + Alt and then press Delete twice. It should work. Also make sure
that you are welcome screen

"Jacob Perkins" wrote:

> Yes, I am....
>
> "Tom Porterfield" <tpporter@mvps.org> wrote in message
> news:o ba10GBpFHA.3608@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
> > Jacob Perkins wrote:
> >> I am trying to access my admin profile from the welcome screen, but when
> >> pressing ctrl alt delete, it does nothing...I'm running XP PRO SP2....Any
> >> idea's?
> >
> > You need to press CTL-ALT-DEL twice.
> > --
> > Tom Porterfield
> > MS-MVP Windows
> > http://support.telop.org
> >
> > Please post all follow-ups to the newsgroup only.

Anonymous
August 18, 2005 5:59:32 PM

A lot of first time users get confused in trying to access the "Login"
prompt from the Welcome screen.

Here is a solution: When pressing <CTRL>+<ALT>+<DEL>, press and keep your
finger on the <CTRL> and <ALT> key. Then while still holding down the two
"first" keys, press the <Del> key and release all the key. Repeat a second
time.

"Jacob Perkins" <txspaderz@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>I am trying to access my admin profile from the welcome screen, but when
>pressing ctrl alt delete, it does nothing...I'm running XP PRO SP2....Any
>idea's?

Anonymous
August 19, 2005 2:07:52 AM

Lol, I'm not a first time user...I am pressing it twice, and I am doing JUST
like you say...It's not working...
I do thank you for your time...Any suggestions?
> A lot of first time users get confused in trying to access the "Login"
> prompt from the Welcome screen.
>
> Here is a solution: When pressing <CTRL>+<ALT>+<DEL>, press and keep your
> finger on the <CTRL> and <ALT> key. Then while still holding down the two
> "first" keys, press the <Del> key and release all the key. Repeat a
second
> time.
>

> "Jacob Perkins" <txspaderz@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> >I am trying to access my admin profile from the welcome screen, but when
> >pressing ctrl alt delete, it does nothing...I'm running XP PRO SP2....Any
> >idea's?

May 2, 2011 8:25:59 PM

You probably have "Fast-User Switching" Disabled... You have to make sure that you are logged out of every account before, then go back to the login/welcome screen, and press CTRL+ALT+DELETE twice.

Quote:

!