BIOS Versions

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.general,microsoft.public.win95.general.discussion,microsoft.public.win98.gen_discussion,microsoft.public.windowsnt.setup,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

Does anyone know how to check the BIOS versions of a PC from within all of
the various Windows Operating Systems?
8 answers Last reply
More about bios versions
  1. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.general,microsoft.public.win95.general.discussion,microsoft.public.win98.gen_discussion,microsoft.public.windowsnt.setup,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

    I use Everest Home Edition from http://www.lavalys.com/.

    --
    Gary S. Terhune
    MS-MVP Shell/User

    "Eric Fehlhaber" <efehlhaber@weathershield.com> wrote in message
    > Does anyone know how to check the BIOS versions of a PC from within all of
    > the various Windows Operating Systems?

  2. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.general,microsoft.public.win95.general.discussion,microsoft.public.win98.gen_discussion,microsoft.public.windowsnt.setup,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

    "Eric Fehlhaber" <efehlhaber@weathershield.com> wrote in message
    > Does anyone know how to check the BIOS versions of a PC from within all of
    > the various Windows Operating Systems?

    In Windows 98SE:

    > Run MSINFO32

    > Expand the Components section

    > Click on System

    > Click on Advanced Information

    > Scroll down to System Board
  3. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.general,microsoft.public.win95.general.discussion,microsoft.public.win98.gen_discussion,microsoft.public.windowsnt.setup,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

    How about a free tool that will work in a domain environment... :) ??

    >I use Everest Home Edition from http://www.lavalys.com/.
    >
    > --
    > Gary S. Terhune
    > MS-MVP Shell/User
    >

    > "Eric Fehlhaber" <efehlhaber@weathershield.com> wrote in message
    >> Does anyone know how to check the BIOS versions of a PC from within all
    >> of the various Windows Operating Systems?

  4. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.general,microsoft.public.win95.general.discussion,microsoft.public.win98.gen_discussion,microsoft.public.windowsnt.setup,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

    Heh, heh... Don't know of any, but then I don't operate in such
    environments, <s>.

    --

    > How about a free tool that will work in a domain environment... :) ??

    >>I use Everest Home Edition from http://www.lavalys.com/.
    >>
    >> --
    >> Gary S. Terhune
    >> MS-MVP Shell/User
    >>

    >> "Eric Fehlhaber" <efehlhaber@weathershield.com> wrote in message
    >>> Does anyone know how to check the BIOS versions of a PC from within all
    >>> of the various Windows Operating Systems?

  5. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.general,microsoft.public.win95.general.discussion,microsoft.public.win98.gen_discussion,microsoft.public.windowsnt.setup,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

    Hello Eric,

    Give PC Wizard a try, it's free and tells you much more about your system then
    just the BIOS version.

    http://www.cpuid.org/pcwizard.php

    Dave

    Eric Fehlhaber wrote:

    > Does anyone know how to check the BIOS versions of a PC from within all of
    > the various Windows Operating Systems?
  6. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.general,microsoft.public.win95.general.discussion,microsoft.public.win98.gen_discussion,microsoft.public.windowsnt.setup,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

    Do you mean programatically check, or simply software that shows it?
    If software; http://www.lavalys.com/products.php?lang=en home edition

    "Eric Fehlhaber" <efehlhaber@weathershield.com> wrote in message
    > Does anyone know how to check the BIOS versions of a PC from within all of
    > the various Windows Operating Systems?

  7. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.general,microsoft.public.win95.general.discussion,microsoft.public.win98.gen_discussion,microsoft.public.windowsnt.setup,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

    "Eric Fehlhaber" <efehlhaber@weathershield.com> wrote in message
    > Does anyone know how to check the BIOS versions of a PC from within all of
    > the various Windows Operating Systems?

    Usually the BIOS of your computer has an ID string. It is displayed on the
    bottom left corner of your screen when the BIOS boots up on POST. To get
    this ID string, hit <pause> key when your computer makes the first beep
    which indicate that your BIOS has successfully booted.

    The BIOS ID string identifies its version number and the motherboard maker.

    If you want a replacement for your BIOS, log on "Award-BIOS" or
    "Unicore.Com." Please Google search for the correct URL and these web
    sites can assist you with your BIOS questions.

    Orinello
  8. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.general,microsoft.public.win95.general.discussion,microsoft.public.win98.gen_discussion,microsoft.public.windowsnt.setup,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

    On Thu, 18 Aug 2005 13:24:57 -0400, Dave_Brown

    >Give PC Wizard a try, it's free and tells you much more about your system then
    >just the BIOS version.

    >http://www.cpuid.org/pcwizard.php

    Seconded - PC Wizard's great! You can also use a tooln to read the
    BIOS (i.e. rather like a BIOS dump) that's free too...

    http://www.voodoofiles.com/10908

    What's nice about both of these is they work from Bart's PE CDRs,
    which can be booted or Autorun, if you "plug them in". The process is
    easy, in the case of these two, as they don't have to be "installed".

    That's in contrast with AIDA32 and successor Everest, which seem to be
    quite difficult to get working from Bart PE.

    The most accurate diagnostic instrument
    in medicine is the Retrospectoscope

BIOS Microsoft Windows XP