M60, SP2 then updates

This is my 3rd attempt to install SP2 onto my M60. The OS is XP Pro and SP2
is on the official Microsoft supplied CD.

It loads OK but then when I immediately carry out a Windows update it will
download and hang when installing. Ctr Alt Del says the install is Running
but I can't see it doing much.

Doing a Google revealed WUTools software but feel a little unsure its the
right way to go and there's very little info on its function.

anyone experience same.

regs
dj

ricardo

Instead of installing the updates while downloading them, save the
updates to you hard disk and once that has completed try running the
updates from your local machine.(Hard disk).
ricardo
Its Only Me wrote:
> This is my 3rd attempt to install SP2 onto my M60. The OS is XP Pro and SP2
> is on the official Microsoft supplied CD.
>
> It loads OK but then when I immediately carry out a Windows update it will
> download and hang when installing. Ctr Alt Del says the install is Running
> but I can't see it doing much.
>
> Doing a Google revealed WUTools software but feel a little unsure its the
> right way to go and there's very little info on its function.
>
> anyone experience same.
>
> regs
> dj

Thanks Ricardo

I just let it do its thing which took 2 1/2 hours to load 12 updates.

dj